Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Dendrobium is composed of two parts: the mobile weapon platform Orchis, and the RX-78GP03S Gundam Dendrobium Stamen - a mobile suit that controls the entire mobile weapon. The Stamen has the ability to split from the Orchis platform for independent action against enemy units. Operating as a mobile suit, GP03S carried a folding shield and beam rifle as standard armament, and special folding bazookas could be carried in place of either the shield or rifle. The traditional twin head vulcans were removed; the space thus freed was used to install more advanced avionics and sensor systems.
The Stamen also featured the panoramic cockpit and linear chair initially used in the RX-78 NT1, allowing its operator a full view of the battlefield. Originally a core fighter version was used (Gundam Evolve 4). However, it was changed to the current setting because if ever the Dendrobium had faced a foe so powerful that it could destroy the MA unit Orchis, the Stamen would not stand a chance and should not continue battle. Therefore, there was no need for 2 escaping devices since the Stamen itself was considered to be used for escape purposes. In addition, the wing binders on the sides of the GP03S both increased the maneuverability of the unit and protected the interface ports for the Orchis. A set of extendable manipulator arms used to retrieve weapons from the weapon racks were concealed in the forearms of the GP03S.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber produces high-energy Minovsky particles to form a blade-shaped I-field filled with superheated plasma that creates a deadly cutting blade. It is an effective weapon for close-quarters combat. This particular model is manufactured by Anaheim Electronics, with each saber hilt being stored inside the left and right docking binder backpack, respectively.
- XBR-BOWA M-82A Beam Rifle
- A specialized high-power beam rifle designed specifically for the GP03S, it features an advanced firing control system integrated into the weapon. The beam rifle is the same model as the RX-78GP01-Fb Gundam Full Burnern "Zephyranthes"
- "Jitte" Beam Saber Blocking Unit
- The "Jitte" is attached to the Dendrobium Stamen's beam rifle. It is a specialized beam saber designed to catch enemy beam sabers, allowing the pilot to quickly counter when there is no time to draw out his main beam saber.
- Folding Bazooka
- Specially-designed for Gundam GP03 to be used in either the mobile weapon mode (Dendrobium) or the stand alone mobile suit mode (Dendrobium Stamen), the Folding Bazooka features a collapsible barrel for convenient storage inside the Orchis' container, and retrievable via Stamen's Extended Manipulator Arms. Like the Hyper Bazooka used by Federation's mobile suits, the Folding Bazooka is technically a large projectile launcher which could fire large-calibre rocket-propelled rounds to attack targets at long range. No mass-production MS's armor is able to stop this weapon. While very powerful, the rockets has a slow rate of fire and is most oftenly used for take out slow, heavily armored targets. The Folding bazooka is magazine-fed and capable of carrying 6 rounds per magazine plus 1 round in its chamber.
- BLASH HB-L-07/N-STD Hyper Bazooka
- Used by the GM-type mobile suits in early 0080s, the Hyper Bazooka is an improved version of the original used by RX-78 Gundam and RGM-79 GM series during the One Year War, with enhanced manipulator hand grip, reloadable magazine, and improved targeting optics. Like its predecessor, the Hyper Bazooka is technically a large projectile launcher which could fire large-calibre rocket-propelled rounds to attack targets at long range. No mass-production MS's armor is able to stop this weapon. While very powerful, the rockets has a slow rate of fire and is most oftenly used for take out slow, heavily armored targets. The Hyper bazooka is magazine-fed and capable of carrying 7 rounds per magazine plus 1 round in its chamber.
- Folding Shield
- Specially-designed for Gundam GP03 to be used exclusively in stand alone mobile suit mode (Dendrobium Stamen), the Folding Shield is collapsible along its vertical axis for convenient storage inside the Orchis' container, and retrievable via Stamen's Extended Manipulator Arms. The Folding Shield is designed such that it can be deployed quickly for Stamen's defense, which is fastened by a rotatable hinge around Stamen's forearms with top and bottle handles for better defense positioning. The shield also provides space for storing up to 4 e-pacs of XBR-BOWA M-82A Beam Rifle to prolong the gun's operation during battle.
Special Equipment & Features
- Extended Manipulator Arms
- Each of Dendrobium Stamen's forearms are incorporated with a large, foldable manipulator arm. They are used to retrieve the Stamen's own MS weapons and equipment such as beam rifles, folding bazookas, folding shields etc. from their storage racks inside the Orchis' weapons container pods.
- Docking Binder Backpack
- The Dendrobium Stamen's backpack features a vital "Docking Binder" system. By folding both binders in upward position, they allow the Stamen mobile suit to connect with and control the Orchis weapon platform, both mechanically and electronically. Each binder also contain a beam saber for Stamen to engage in close quarter combats.
- Core Block System
- The Stamen is also developed with the intention of its cockpit block and backpack being replaced with a Core Block System. This Core Block is composed of a special Core Fighter II-Sp, with the cockpit/nose section borrowed from the FF-XII Core Fighter II. Although the standard backpack and cockpit block are constructed and installed in the Stamen, the Core Fighter II-Sp is never built.
Note: For Dendrobium Stamen's history, please go to Kou Uraki's page.
Gunpla and Action Figure