Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RX-79[G] SW Slave Wraith was a custom improved mobile suit based on the RX-79［G］ Gundam Ground Type. It featured updated main sensors, optical camera, and communications equipment. It is equipped with a new high-output backpack and prototype armor equipment.
- Gatling Cannon "Vulcan Gun"
- Instead of using the original Gundam's head-mounted Vulcan Gun, the RX-79[G] SW mounted a single gatling cannon in the left chest. This shell firing weapon has a high-rate of fire but has little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters. Fires at a rate of 1200 rounds per minute.
- Mounted in the left chest under the vulcan gun is the multi launcher. This unusual device fires a variety of munitions, ranging from grenades to flares and chaff. When not using for direct combat, they are used for various other purposes, from distracting enemies, or communicating with allies, etc.
- X.B.Sa-G-03 Beam Sabers
- The RX-79[G] SW has two beam sabers, one stored in each lower leg in an internal recharging rack. Once removed and activated, operating time is limited to one minute at normal plasma temperature and saber length. Can be replaced and recharged via leg sub-generator, with a full recharge taking 15 minutes. Typical plasma blade runs at 250,000 degrees Celsius, with a normal blade length of 12 meters +/- 0.5 meters.
- P.B.R-0079/A12 S-000011 Beam Rifle
- The ground-type beam rifle is unique in that it has an underbarrel rocket launcher with a loaded box magazine that can carry up to 3 rockets. The beam rifle itself is powered by an internal energy capacitor with an average charge of 15 rounds. Bore diameter of 150 millimeters. Mega particle range is limited in Earth's atmosphere. Maximum effective range of 2.0 kilometers. 60 RPM. Features include a forward swivel hand grip and 180 degree swivel narrow sensor.
- NF·GMG-Type.37/100mm Machine Gun
- The standard armament for Federation mobile suit ground forces, the Type 37 is an open-bolt, gas-operated, magazine-fed, mobile suit handheld machine gun. It fires a 100x450 millimeter round at a rate of 500 rounds per minute and is loaded with a 20-round box magazine. Features include a folding stock and swivel forward hand grip. Accuracy is limited due to the aiming from regular iron sights and not a targeting sensor. Maximum effective range of 1.5 kilometers. The Type 37 cannot be used in space. RX-79[G] SW carries two spare 20-round magazines on its hip armor.
- HWF GMG·MG79-90mm Bullpup Machine Gun
- The bullpup machine gun is an open-bolt, gas-operated, magazine-fed, mobile suit handheld sub-machine gun. It does not require energy to be used, however it is ineffective against heavy armor. When the magazine is empty, it can be discarded and replaced with a new one.
- NFHI*EPHB-type.Doc-04/380mm Hyper Bazooka
- The ground-type hyper bazooka fires a 380x1900 millimeter HEDP rocket at ranges up to 2.5 kilometers. It is loaded with a 5-round box magazine with one round pre-loaded into the chamber.
- RGM*S-Sh-WF/S-00109 Shield
- Mounted on either forearm, the Federation small shield is used by all GUNDAM and GM ground type mobile suits. It is capable of deflecting most incoming ballistic projectiles and some explosive warheads. Mount latch and joint/pivot mount position retracted for protection or extended for slashing or punching attacks. Can be thrust into the ground and used as an elevated weapon firing position. Features include top carrying handle and shield claw.
- Combat Visor
- Adds extra protection to the head mounted sensors and cameras.
- Variable Armor
- Variable armor is mounted on the pauldrons of the RX-79[G] SW. It slightly increases the RX-79[G] SW defensive capabilities, providing extra protection against the light weapons used by Zeon's mobile suits through shock absorption.
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link MS Profile