The RX-80PR Pale Rider is a prototype mobile suit that is featured in the videogame Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link. & Mobile Suit Gundam Side Story: Missing Link (Manga).
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The RX-80PR Pale Rider was the center of the "Pale Rider Plan" MS development plan drafted by an Earth Federation Forces official named Grave. It was developed as a next-generation MS with the latest technologies introduced during the One Year War. Four units were constructed before mass-production was halted due to high production costs. However, Grave recovered the completed MS in order to solidify his political base and handed three of the machines to non-regular units of the Federation Forces for data collection. It is equipped with the special "HADES (Hyper Animosity Detect Estimate System)" system based on the EXAM System.
- Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series. These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits. However, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors, and are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, attack vehicles, etc.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by a rechargeable energy capacitor. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The Pale Rider has two beam sabers stored on the hips. One can be used as a reserve weapon, or both can be used simultaneously in a twin sword fashion.
- Hand Beam Gun
- Mounted on the forearms, this is the same weapon as used by Gundam Unit 4 "G04" and Unit 5 "G05". It has a short effective range and is most suitable for use in close combat.
- HFW-GMG·MG79-90mm Bullpup Machine Gun
- The bullpup machine gun is an open-bolt, gas-operated, magazine-fed, mobile suit handheld sub-machine gun. It does not require energy to be used, however it is ineffective against heavy armor. When the magazine is empty, it can be discarded and replaced with a new one.
- NF·GMG-Type.37/100mm Machine Gun
- The standard armament for Federation mobile suit ground forces, the Type 37 is an open-bolt, gas-operated, magazine-fed, mobile suit handheld machine gun. It fires a 100x450 millimeter round at a rate of 500 rounds per minute and is loaded with a 20-round box magazine. Features include a folding stock and swivel forward hand grip. Maximum effective range of 1.5 kilometers. The Type 37 cannot be used in space.
- Hyper Beam Rifle
- The same beam rifle as used by Gundam Unit 4 "G04" and Unit 5 "G05". Powered by an E-Cap, it is an enhanced version of the beam rifle carried by the RX-78-2, with improved output as well as accuracy.
- Spike Shield
- A shield originally developed for the GM Striker, this defensive armament can also be used as a striking weapon thanks to the two pile bunkers mounted at the tip.
- NFHI*EPHB-type.Doc-04/380mm Hyper Bazooka
- The ground-type hyper bazooka fires a 380x1900 millimeter HEDP rocket at ranges up to 2.5 kilometers. It is loaded with a 5-round box magazine with one round pre-loaded into the chamber.
- 180mm Cannon
- For convenience, the 180mm cannon used by the Pale Rider was modified to a foldable type, and can be stored on a weapons mount when not in use.
- BLASH HB-L-03/N-STD Hyper Bazooka
- Technically a large rocket launcher it could fire several 380mm missiles to attack targets at long range. No mass-production MS's armor is able to stop this weapon. While very powerful, it has a slow rate of fire and a fairly little amount of ammunition. Most oftenly used to take out slow, heavily armored targets.
- 3-tube Missile Pod
- Mounted on the legs are two 3-tube missile pods. These missiles are quite effective against armored enemies. However, they are also slow and unsuited for combat against nimbler targets.
- Giant Gatling Gun
- A large Gatling gun with immense firing rate. Drum-fed and stored on the backpack when not in use. It is similar to the one previously used by Gundam Unit 5 "G05". While not as powerful as a beam rifle, the sheer number of bullets flying through the air shred through almost anything, regardless of how durable it is. When not in use, the gatling gun was stored on a weapons mount.
- The same shield as used by Gundam Unit 4 "G04" and Unit 5 "G05". The shield has an unique feature, it is normally in its collapse form and can expand when required.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- The same Giant Bazooka used by the Dom series of mobile suits. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- Twin Beam Sword
- A pair of twin beam swords was used by Vincent Gleissner's customized Pale Rider unit, that when not in use are stored on the hips.
- Beam Machine Gun
- Vincent Gleissner's customized Pale Rider unit, utilized the same beam machine gun as the MS-14Jg Gelgoog Jäger.
- 6-tube Missile Pod
- Vincent Gleissner's customized Pale Rider unit, utilized the same leg missile pods as the MS-08TX(EXAM) Efreet Custom.
Special Equipment & Features
- Booster Pack (Bst)
- A special set of external fuel tanks and thrusters to give the unit higher speed and better maneuverability.
- An acronym for HYPER ANIMOSITY DETECT ESTIMATE SYSTEM. It is a controversial system which seems to be similar to the earlier developed EXAM System. The HADES was created by the Augusta Newtype Lab with the data they requested from Chlust Moses regarding the EXAM system. As with the EXAM system, the HADES provides a temporary increase in equipped mobile suit's performance along with increased reaction times to the pilot. This strengthening of the pilot's abilities is done by forcibly increasing and speeding up the neurotransmissions in the pilot's brain. This process however leads to the side effect of gradual memory loss. Akin to the EXAM system's aggression and tendency to go berserk, the HADES can activate without the pilot's consent when it detects a perceived threat, regardless of it being an ally or foe. When under the influence of the system, the mobile suit's visor glows red and all of its exhaust vents glow yellow.
- RX-80PR-2 Pale Rider Cavalry
- RX-80RR Red Rider
- RX-80WR White Rider
- RX-80BR Black Rider
- RX-80PR-3 Pale Rider Dullahan
- RX-80PR-4 Pale Rider DII
- AMX-018［HADES］ Todesritter
Notes & Trivia
- It is named after the Pale Rider, the fourth and final horseman of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
- ↑ HGUC 1/144 RX-80PR PALE RIDER [Ground Heavy Equipment Type]
|Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories Series Original Mechanics|
RGM-79BD-0 Blue Destiny Unit 0 | RGM-79DO GM Dominance | RGM-79DO［AQ］ GM Dominance (Underwater Equipment) | RGM-79FD Armored GM | RX-78XX Gundam Pixy | RX-79［G］ SW Slave Wraith | RX-79［G］WR Full Armor Slave Wraith | RX-79BD-1 Blue Destiny Unit 1 | RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 | RX-79BD-3 Blue Destiny Unit 3 | RX-80PR Pale Rider | RX-80PR-2 Pale Rider Cavalry | RX-80PR-3 Pale Rider Dullahan
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
SCV-73 Blanc Rival | SCVA-72 Thoroughbred
|Principality of Zeon|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-05S Zaku I Commander Type | MS-05B Zaku I Land Warfare Type | MS-08TX Efreet | MS-08TX(EXAM) Efreet Custom | MS-09F Dom Funf | MS-14G Gelgoog Ground Type | RX-79BD-2 Blue Destiny Unit 2 | RX-80PR Pale Rider | YMS-06Z Psycommu Early Test Type Zaku
| Mobile Armour|
| Mobile Suit|