Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The RX-81LA Light Armor RX-81 a variant of the RX-81 G-Line series. It first appeared as a part of Kunio Okawara's Missing Mobile Suit Variations, or M-MSV. The Light Armor RX-81 was redesigned and updated by Katoki Hajime for the video game and manga of the same name Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record U.C. 0081.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Out of the three equipment set the RX-81LA Light Armor RX-81 is the lightest style, low defense, but the highest form of mobility. It is a high-performance MS deployed mainly by ace pilots. The Light Armor RX-81's armor is made very thin to reduce the weight and short range combat armaments have been removed in order to obtain the highest possible thrust-weight ratio and speed. The backpack mounts a large stabilizer for the purpose of improving its high-mobility performance. It is equipped with a head-mounted sensor unit for long-range attacks, and can be equipped with various optional weapons such as missile launchers, an assault cannon, or gatling smasher guns.
- Vulcan Gun
- A standard armament of the mobile suits that are descended from the Earth Federation Forces's RX series is a pair of head mounted 60mm vulcan guns. These shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Beam Saber
- For close-range combat, the G Line is equipped with a pair of handheld beam sabers. These are stored on the backpack in the G-Line Light Armor's base configuration. If the G-Line Light Armor is equipped with any of its additional equipment, such as the missile launchers, on its backpack, the beam sabers are instead stored on the rear waist.
- Sniper-Use Heavy Rifle
- A heavy long-range rifle with high accuracy, used for attacks at extremely long ranges.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle, which is powered by a rechargeable energy cap. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it.
- Gatling Smasher
- A pair of rapid-firing gatling guns mounted to either side of the G-Line's backpack.
- Missile Launcher
- A pair of missile launchers mounted to either side of the G-Line's backpack. These would be used for long to mid-range bombardment.
- Assault Cannon
- A single powerful cannon, mounted to the right side of the G-Line's backpack.
- Basic defensive equipment, the G-Line's shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits.
In 0081 U.C. the RX-81LA G-Line Light Armor was assigned to the Earth Federation Forces's Phantom Sweep Team to take down the Invisible Knights Zeon remnants.