The RX-81 G-Line is a Mobile Suit that appeared in Mobile Suit Gundam Battlefield Record UC 0081.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
RX-81 G-Line to take the combination of RX-78-7 7th Gundam's FSWS planned results, corresponding to a different war situation and the first application of the Change Armor concept. RX-81 G-Line's core is called the Basic Frame, or the base frame. The RX-81 has several number of armors it can change into. RX-81 G-Line Basic Frame did not load any armed pattern; although the head is easy to identify with the design for the RGM-79, the sensor lenses are similar to a Gundams. Corresponding increase for the installation of a variety of armor, waist and shoulders are not armored, very simple ferrite and all parts are set to have additional armor with weapons pylons. RX-81 G-Line Basic Frame parts increase its performance and specifications with the RX-78 are basically the same.
- Vulcan Gun
- Mounted in the head, these shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire but have little power and can't damage the thick armor of a mobile suit, though it can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. The weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small land vehicles, and attack helicopters.
- Beam Saber
- The standard close range armament for most Federation mobile suits. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. The RX-81 G-Line is equipped with two beam saber stored in recharge racks located in the backpack.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle, which is powered by a rechargeable energy cap. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it.
- Basic defensive equipment, the G-Line's shield is a simple defense used to block most incoming ballistic and explosive projectiles. Also used to great effect in close quarters battle with enemy mobile suits.
Because the mass-produced GM series placed priority on productivity, its specifications were considerably lowered from those the Gundam. The RX-81 plan was to retain the functions of the Gundam while increasing weapons by incorporating the FSWS. However, the program was temporarily frozen during the One Year War to prioritize production of the GM. The program was resumed in U.C. 0081 after the turmoil of the postwar period had subsided. Limited mass production of the RX-81 were made because of the high cost of building them. In 0081 U.C. the RX-81 was assigned to the Earth Federation's Phantom Sweep Team to take down the remaining Zeon Remnant soldiers the Invisible Knights.
- RX-81AS G-Line Assault Armor
- RX-81LA G-Line Light Armor
- RX-81ST G-Line Standard Armor
- RX-81FC G-Line Full Custom
|Video Games Original Mechanics|
|Mobile Suit Gundam: EX Revue|
|SD Gundam GX|
Tornado Gundam | X Gundam | X Zaku
|Gundam Tactics Mobility Fleet 0079|
RRf-06 Zanny | RX-78Opt Gundam G-Dash
| Mobile Armour|
MA-05M Bigro Meir
|Gundam the Battle Master Series|
| Mobile Suit|
MRX-012 Psyco Gundam Mk-III
|Mobile Suit Gundam: Battlefield Record U.C. 0081|
| Mobile Suit|
MS-08TX/N Efreet Nacht | RX-81 G-Line | RX-81AS G-Line Assault Armor
|Gundam Breaker 3|
| Mobile Suit|
MSN-00100J Hyaku Shiki J | RMS-099BD Break Dias
|Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories Series Originals | SD Gundam G Generation Originals | Gihren's Greed Originals | Gundam Try Age Originals|