The Riah Republic is a nation featured in the Mobile Suit Gundam television series, the Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space movie and the Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket OVA. A sovereign state based out of Side 6, it was officially neutral in the One Year War .
The Riah Republic had their own television station "RBC" (Riah Broadcasting Corporation) .
It was created when Side 6 declared autonomy from the Earth Federation on April U.C. 0077. Thanks to backing from the Principality of Zeon it was able to maintain independence. Unlike the Principality of Zeon, which went to war to claim total independence from the Earth Federation, the Riah Republic maintained diplomatic ties with the Federation, and left the Earth Federation on good terms. Side 6 declared neutrality in the opening weeks of the One Year War, and managed to avoid most of the major battles of the war. However Zeon only allowed the Riah Republic as a convenience, and would not have hesitated to destroy Side 6 if it ever backed the Federation. Side 6 was targeted by Zeon late in the One Year War after a Federation R&D base was discovered here, but was rescued by Federation fleets.
The Side 6 became part of the Earth Federation again sometime before or after Operation Stardust.
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam III: Encounters in Space
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket Episode 1, How Many Miles to the Battlefield?
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket Episode 5, Say it Ain't So, Bernie!
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket Episode 6, War in the Pocket
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket Episode 4, Over the River and Through the Woods