SVMS-01AW Union Flag Orbit Package Astro Work Type
|Developed from||SVMS-01OP Union Flag Orbit Package|
|First Seen||2307 A.D.|
|Manufacturer||Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations|
|Operator||Union of Solar Energy and Free Nations|
|Max Weight||77.2 metric tons|
|Power-plant||E-Carbon Armor (stores Hydrogen)|
|Propulsion||5x Plasma Jet Thruster
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
This unit is a variation of the SVMS-01OP Union Flag Orbit Package, which is a space variant of the SVMS-01 Union Flag. Between the Astro Work Type and the SVMS-01AP Union Flag Orbit Package Colony Guard Type, there is little changes between the two units except for the fact that the normal Guard Flag hands are replaced by pincer claw hands used for grabbing construction materials, meaning that the unit is unable to enter close combat. The Astro Work Types are mainly used in their MA forms. Refitting a Colony Guard Type into a Astro Work Type, and vice versa, takes little to no preparation, showing once again the versatility of the Flag series.
- Astro Work Flag Raptor Position : The arms can be mounted with various types of manipulators depending on the type of work performed. As can clearly be seen, the legs are also equipped with manipulator arms. Additionally, the leg manipulators are equipped with retractable linear spears.
- Astro Work Flag Standing Position : A standard Mobile Suit form. However, the backpack, main battery, large condenser and ammunition compartment for the built-in linear cannons are not removable.
- MLR-04 Crossfire Linear Rifle
- The sole armament of Union Flag Orbit Package Astro Work Type. A Rifle that fires electromagnetically-accelerated live rounds and was one of the most advanced weapons available before the introduction of Beam Weaponry.
- The unit’s main propulsion engine. For long-distance missions it is replaced with an even bigger model.
- Drum Cockpit
- This cockpit was designed to reduce the G forces placed on the pilot. By making the pilot sit in a lying down fashion, the burden on the pilot is greatly decreased. A sub-cockpit is located in the waist for escape purposes.
- Onboard AI
- The onboard AI is used to control the intimidating patterns made by the visor.
- ↑ HG 1/144 SVMS-01 Union Flag manual
- SVMS-01AW Union Flag Orbit Package Astro Work Type on MAHQ.net
- SVMS-01AW Union Flag Orbit Package Astro Work Type on Gundam.de