Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
SVMS-01OA Over Flag Astro Package Type (aka Over Flag Space Type) is a variant of the SVMS-01O Over Flag that has been reconfigured for space combat. It is featured in the Mobile Suit Gundam 00 The Movie: A wakening of the Trailblazer movie.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
With the advent of GN Drive Tau technology, many mobile suits that drew power from the Orbital Elevators were made virtually obsolete. Though GN Drive [T] suits had become the norm by A.D. 2312, nations such as the Kingdom of Suille and groups such as Katharon and even Celestial Being had acquired suits that drew power from the Orbital Elevator to supplement their forces. Also, the Earth Sphere Federation did not have the means to fully mass-produce the GN Drive [T] for all of its members, so solar-powered suits were used as a stopgap measure. Though the original SVMS-01O Over Flag was limited to 14 units in A.D. 2307-08, the ESF decided to restart production of the Over Flag, though it is possible that some of the "new" Over Flags are heavily tuned Union Flags.
With the ESF government pursuing a policy of pacifism, the ESF Army had to make due with their resources. They began refitting older transformable MS, such as the Over Flag, for space combat. The Over Flag Astro Package Type uses the normal Over Flag (repainted in light blue) and equips it with a booster for greater mobility in space. The unit retains its Linear Rifle and has 2 Defense Rods instead of the normal 1.
- 200mm New Type Linear Rifle
- The Over Flag Space Type carries the same linear rifle as the normal Over Flag, this new type linear rifle is also known by the codename "Trident Striker". It has three barrels instead of one, and shots from the main barrel requires charging before firing, thus it does not have rapid firing capability. To compensate for this limitation, two smaller caliber barrels are installed to either side of the main barrel. The two smaller barrels act like vulcans that fire a rapid amount of shots used primarily to restrict enemy movements, while the main barrel shoots stronger shots. The clear part on the top of the rifle has cooling and demagnetizing properties.
- 20mm Machine Gun
- The 20mm machine gun is mounted next to the drum cockpit. This rapid-fire armament is ideal for shooting down incoming missiles or small vehicles. The 20mm machine gun however is generally ineffective in against heavily armored targets like mobile suits
- A standard defensive feature of Union mobile suits. The defense rod is a rotating rod usually connected to the elbow joint of the mobile suit's arms. The defense rod is capable of deflecting certain physical rounds such as bullets from a machine gun and in some cases a shot from a beam rifle by generating a plasma field. Compared to conventional shield, the defense rod is lighter but the Flag must rely on its speed and maneuverability when defending against heavier firepower.
- Sonic Blade
- The standard melee weapon of both the AEU's and Union's mobile suits. A sonic blade is a folding dagger-like weapon that incorporates a high-frequency oscillating blade. The vibrations of the oscillating blade greatly increase the weapon's cutting capabilities. It can focus plasma in a sword shape to form a plasma sword.
- Depending on mission parameters, the Over Flag Space Type can be equipped with different missiles. These missiles are usually stored in the shin compartment, but due to the limited storage space there, additional missile pods can be attached between the legs.
- The unit’s main propulsion engine. For long-distance missions it is replaced with an even bigger model.
- Drum Cockpit
- This cockpit was designed to reduce the G forces placed on the pilot. By making the pilot sit in a lying down fashion, the burden on the pilot is greatly decreased. A sub-cockpit is located in the waist for escape purposes.
- Onboard AI
- The onboard AI is used to control the intimidating patterns made by the visor.
- Chaff & Flare Dispenser
- Rarely used against the Gundams, these are used to intercept missiles coming from behind the Flag while in flight mode. The dispeners are mounted on the circular ankle joints in the legs.
The SVMS-01OA Over Flag Astro Package Type was used in the final defense line of the ESF Army in the ELS war.
During the battle, nearly most of the Overflags were destroyed, shot down or heavily damaged by ELS mobile suits' fire barrages.
- ↑ HG 1/144 AEU-09 AEU Enact Demonstration Color manual
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 1/100 Over Flag Manual