Design & Development
Originally a Shiden customized for Shino's use, and at his request, shoulder thrusters were added and a gauntlet is equipped as part of its standard equipment. The suit is nicknamed Ryusei-Go III by Shino, and is designed so that he can make use of its high mobility in battle. It also has the EB-06/tc2 Ryusei-Go's battle data, and reuses some of the latter's parts including the cockpit seat. Thus, it is the only Shiden with the Alaya-Vijnana System. After Shino switched to the Gundam Flauros, his Shiden Custom was given to Ride Mass. The suit is then painted in a new yellow-gold colour scheme with a blue lightning motif on the left shoulder. It also has a different visor and an another gauntlet on the right forearm. The use of two gauntlets allow the suit to excel at super close combat. Ride dubs the suit as the "Riden-Go".
- Standard melee weapon for Shiden developed by the Heavy Industry Department of Teiwaz. Its stock can be extended or retracted so that its attack range can meet the needs of the combat environment.
- JEE-205 130mm Assault Rifle
- The standard range weapon of the Shiden, it is stored on the rear skirt armor when not in use.
- A small shield mounted on the forearm, its pointed tips allows it to be used as a stabbing melee weapon. Riden-Go is equipped with two gauntlets for super close combat.
- Highly Sensitive Sensors
- The head-mounted main camera contains multiple highly sensitive sensors, it is protected by a visor.
- The visor protecting the suit's main camera can be exchanged according to the environment. Different visors also have different camera views, and facilitates identification.
- Alaya-Vijnana System
- An organic device system, it is an old type of man-machine interface. Apparently, the system was developed during the Calamity War to maximize the abilities of mobile suit. The system consisted of two parts, one part is installed in the mobile suit, and the other part (informally referred to as "Whiskers") is implanted into the pilot’s spine (usually at a young age as the implant only fuse with growing children). Thanks to this system, the pilot can be connected to the mobile suit's computer and directly process mobile suit data. It also allows the pilot (even uneducated ones) to operate the mobile suit for combat without reading the instruction manual. The implant in the pilot also enhances spatial awareness.
The Ryusei-Go III was first seen on Mars as Tekkadan defended the Admoss Company's half-metal mine from an attack by the pirate group Dawn Horizon Corps. It was then sent into space to hunt the pirate group down alongside the Tekkadan's ships and other mobile suits. When the mobile armor Hashmal was awakened, Shino left the suit behind to collect his new machine, the Gundam Flauros. The Shiden Custom was then used by Ride Mass, who had earlier lost his Shiden, to lure the Hashmal into a trap that would separate it from its Pluma sub-units. The suit was damaged during the process, but was saved by the timely arrival of Mikazuki and his Gundam Barbatos Lupus. Later, the suit was transferred to Ride who customized it into the Riden-Go.
The Riden-Go was used during the Gjallarhorn's assault on the Turbines' relay base. Using boosters, it along with the Gundam Flauros (Ryusei-Go) and ASW-G-11 Gundam Gusion Rebake Full City quickly reach the greatly outnumbered Turbines, and took down several enemy units, assisting in the escape of non-combatants. The unit was later deployed in Tekkadan's battle against JPT Trust for its involvement in the Turbines' disbandment and the deaths of Naze Turbine, Amida Arca, and Lafter Frankland. The Riden-Go defeated several enemy units, but was eventually stopped by a UGY-R41 Man Rodi piloted by a Human Debris who also had the Alaya-Vijnana surgery. Luckily, Akihiro and the Gundam Gusion Rebake Full City came to Ride's aid and destroyed the enemy. The Riden-Go was subsequently deployed to assist McGillis Fareed's faction against the Arianrhod Fleet, which eventually ended in defeat for both Tekkadan and McGillis' factions. In the final confrontation with the Arianrhod fleet on Mars, the unit was deployed with Embi as the pilot alongside Tekkadan's other remaining mobile suits to buy time for the organization's members to escape to Chryse.
Notes & Trivia
- In some official materials, the name of Shino's Shiden Custom is simply 'Ryusei-Go'.
- The Riden-Go resembles the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki from Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam, both having limbs of a yellow hue, a dark torso, and red eyes.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Gundam.Info English Profile 
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Episode 37, Chryse Defensive Battle
- Shino's Shiden Custom on Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS(Official Site)
- Riden-Go on Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS(Official Site)