Technology & Combat Characteristics
Like its predecessor, the TFA-2 ZuOOT, the GAZuOOT is a mobile suit that can transform into a tank-like mode for greater stability while firing and the ability to speed across the land. While the original ZuOOT was only armed with shell firing weapons, the GAZuOOT is equipped with beam cannons in addition to missile launchers, machine guns and triple cannons, which are mounted in place of hands. The 'DE' in its model number stand for 'Directional Emission', a reference to its beam weapons. However, the suit still has poor mobility and close combat capabilities. The GAZuOOT is used in the main way as its predecessor, but its performance has been improved due to the new weaponry and the installation of an enhanced fire control system.
- "Furca" 2-barrel Beam Cannon
- The most powerful weapon of the GAZuOOT, two such 2-barrel beam cannons are mounted on the shoulders, and they serve as the suit's main weapon during long range attacks.
- MMI-M19 14mm Dual Twin CIWS
- A pair of these CIWS are mounted in the chest for a total of four machine guns. These light projectile weapons are used to shoot down incoming missiles and enemy units at close range.
- MMI-M70 "Trivium" Triple Cannon
- Mounted in the arms, these are used to intercept enemy's attacks or closing in enemy units.
- "Falcone" Surface-to-Air Missile
- The GAZuOOT carries two such missiles externally on each arm, they improve the suit's long range bombardment capabilities and can be switched with Surface-to-Surface Missiles.
With the introduction of beam weapons and other more advanced technology, the ZuOOT which was used by ZAFT in the First Alliance-PLANT War was outdated. Thus, the GAZuOOT, which features more up-to-date weaponry, was developed after the war to replace the ZuOOT. Like its predecessor, the GAZuOOT acted as a terrestrial artillery support at ZAFT's bases on Earth, but was also used for interior PLANT defense at Armory One and other ZAFT facilities.