Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The TGM-79C GM Canard is essentially a headless GM, the design features an outer layer composed of plastic parts that will weather damage and be cheaper to replace than full metal. The GM Canard's standard weaponry is a beam rifle, a shield, and it houses only one beam saber. In École they are used as both a ground and space type. The internal monitor supports both the standard 120° of early era Zeon Mobile Suits as well as the panoramic view incorporated into later machines.
The GM Canard units can be remote-controlled by the TGM-79C GM Cannes using a system, termed "Synchro Mode", that allows the instructor/pilot to take control of nearby GM Canard units in case of emergency.
- Beam Saber
- The GM Canard is equipped with a single beam saber stored in a recharge rack in the right side of the backpack. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating.
- BOWA·BR-S-85-C2 Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of the many mobile suits is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. The beam rifle has a power rating of 1.9 MW and is powered by a rechargeable energy cap.
- FADEGEL RGM-M-Sh-003 Shield
- A basic optional arm-mounted defense armament for many Federation mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. A shield can be equipped to either arm of the GM Canard in order to increase defense against both beam and physical attacks.
The TGM-79C GM Canard was one of the primary training MS employed by École Du Ciel along with the older and more standard TGM-79 GM Trainer, RX-75 MP Guntank along with another as yet unidentified GM variant. It was also implied that a handful of other institutions similar to École stocked them. Their usage was primarily between the Delaz Conflict and First Neo Zeon War.
Despite being a test MS and even less suited to combat than the standard GM Trainer, the units of École fielded it in combat scenarios multiple times against Marie Albertia's Pirates. The GM Canard's advantages lie in its internal adaptability, as it was designed for general training, it's fairly high maneuverability (especially in space) and the heavy armor it sports - as it was designed to take severe beatings from students who did not know what they were doing.