The TK-53/s CGS Mobile Worker Space Type is a mobile weapon featured in the Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS television series.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
It is a space-use version of the ground-use TK-53 CGS Mobile Worker. Space activity was made possible due to the installation of a propellant tank and replacement of the ground-use wheels with vernier nozzles.
- 30mm Machine Gun
- The CGS Mobile Worker Space Type possess two 30mm machine guns on either sides. While they are able to do damage to other mobile workers, they can barely do any damage to mobile suits due to their Nano Laminated Armor.
- Missile Pod
- The pair of 30mm machine guns can be replaced with a pair of 8-tube missile pods when required.
Special Equipment & Features
- Alaya-Vijnana System
- An organic device system, it is an old type of man-machine interface. Apparently, the system was developed during the Calamity War to maximize the abilities of mobile suit, however it is also possible to use the system for piloting mobile worker. The system consisted of two parts, one part is installed in the mobile worker, and the other part (informally referred to as "Whiskers") is implanted into the pilot’s spine (usually at a young age as the implant only fuse with growing children). Thanks to this system, the pilot can be connected to the mobile worker's computer and directly process its data. It also allows the pilot (even uneducated ones) to operate the mobile worker without reading the instruction manual. The implant in the pilot also enhances spatial awareness.
Notes & Trivia
- The propellant tank on the back of the CGS Mobile Worker Space Type resembles the propellant tank on the legs of MSJ-06II-E Tieren Space Type from Mobile Suit Gundam 00. Both units are designed by Kenji Teroaka.
- ↑ G-Tekketsu Website TKS-53 CGS Mobile Worker (Space Type) Profile
- ↑ High Grade Iron Blooded Orphans 1/144 Option Set 2 manual | Translation Link: 
- ↑ Chryse Guard Security Webpage P.D.323.08.31 Entry | Original Link:  | Translation Link: