The TK-53 CGS Mobile Worker is a mobile weapon featured in the Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS television series.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Used for combat duty by Chryse Guard Security. When not used in combat, its weapons are often removed and equipped with a flatbed to transport people and materials. They are older than the ones available on the market now, and hence has inferior armaments and performance. It runs on a Hydrogen Engine and thus can be operated legally within city limits, unlike mobile suits that cannot as their Ahab reactors would ruin various city functions. A commander variant with a second, exposed seat at the rear for commander and a space variant also exists. Tekkadan later acquired an upgraded version with better armament.
- 30mm Machine Gun
- The CGS Mobile Worker possess two 30mm machine guns on either sides. While they are able to do damage to other mobile workers, they can barely do any damage to mobile suits due to their Nano Laminated Armor.
- Missile Pod
- The pair of 30mm machine guns can be replaced with a pair of 8-tube missile pods when required.
Special Equipment & Features
- Alaya-Vijnana System
- An organic device system, it is an old type of man-machine interface. Apparently, the system was developed during the Calamity War to maximize the abilities of mobile suit, however it is also possible to use the system for piloting mobile worker. The system consisted of two parts, one part is installed in the mobile worker, and the other part (informally referred to as "Whiskers") is implanted into the pilot’s spine (usually at a young age as the implant only fuse with growing children). Thanks to this system, the pilot can be connected to the mobile worker's computer and directly process its data. It also allows the pilot (even uneducated ones) to operate the mobile worker without reading the instruction manual. The implant in the pilot also enhances spatial awareness. The commander variant of the CGS Mobile Worker, like the one used by Orga, have two Alaya-Vijnana Systems, one for the pilot and another for the commander.
- Smoke Grenade Launcher
- A pair of 4-tubed smoke grenade launchers can be attached to the sides of the Mobile Worker and fired to provide concealment from enemy sight.
- Mikazuki's personal mobile worker is painted white.
- Akihiro's personal mobile worker is painted light blue. He later rides a commander variant from the top during the Dawn Horizon Corp's attack on the Admoss Company's half-metal mine with Ride Mass as his pilot.
- Norba's personal mobile worker is painted magenta. He carried the color scheme over to the mobile suits he would pilot. It appears that he also called his mobile worker "Ryusei Go".
- Orga's mobile worker is a brown colored commander variant. He will often observe the battlefield and give orders from the second rear seat of the Mobile Worker. Its pilots were initially Eugene, Biscuit, and then later Takaki.
- Eugene piloted a standard tan mobile worker. He later rides a commander variant from the top during the Dawn Horizon Corp's attack on the Admoss Company's half-metal mine.
- The "TK" in the CGS Mobile Worker's designation is an out-universe reference to its real life designer, "Teroaka, Kenji". A few other designs in Iron Blooded Orphans also do the same to their respective real world designers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 High Grade Iron Blooded Orphans 1/144 Option Set 1 manual | Translation Link: 
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Chryse Guard Security Webpage P.D.323.08.31 Entry | Original Link:  | Translation Link: 
- ↑ Official Profile | Link
- ↑ Gundam Ace December 2015 Issue