Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
TMF/TR-2 BuCUE Tactical Reconnaissance Type is a reconnaissance terrestrial combat mobile suit featured in SEED-MSV and the 2 part promotional OVA Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ASTRAY.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
A variant of TMF/A-802 BuCUE, it is developed specifically for reconnaissance-in-force and as such it is often deployed alongside a platoon-sized mobile suit team. The main feature of the suit is the ZAFT developed stealth system, which uses similar principle as that of Mirage Colloid stealth system, but it only affects radar detection. To fulfill its role as a reconnaissance unit, BuCUE Tactical Reconnaissance Type is also equipped with various unique sensor systems. The unit is also rather well armed, it retains the twin beam saber of the original BuCUE and is outfitted with a spike in each foot and two high-output laser guns on its back. In addition, it can mount several missiles and machine guns on its wings for enhanced firepower.
- High-output Laser Gun
- A pair of laser weapons mounted on the unit's back and is the main ranged weapon. The laser guns can also function as a sensor and communication system.
- Foot Spike
- In each foot of the BuCUE Tactical Reconnaissance Type is hidden a spike which is utilized for close-quarter-combat.
- Twin Beam Saber
- A melee beam weapon mounted in the suit's mouth. It is a later addition to the suit and is based on the analysis of the G Project mobile suits stolen by ZAFT. It is primarily used for hit and run attacks, in which the suit hits an enemy unit as it charges forward.
Special Equipments and Features
- A radome is mounted on the unit's back, above the laser guns. It is used mainly for aerial surveillance and control, which is one of the unit's multiple functions.
- 3D Ultracompact Optical Sensor Array
- A 3D sensor array made of ultra-small optical sensor units, it is mounted on the head and replaces the monoeye sensor of the standard BuCUE. When used together with high performance graphic processing unit, super high-definition recording is possible.
- Enhanced Multiband Sensor Cluster
- Other than the 3D Ultracompact Optical Sensor Array, the BuCUE Tactical Reconnaissance Type also carries a cluster of sensors mounted at the side of the head, giving it a wider range of data-gathering.
- Metaphase SQUID Sensor
- A sensor unit undergoing technical evaluation that is mounted on the head of some BuCUE Tactical Reconnaissance Type. It allows the unit to carry out reconnaissance even under the effects of N-Jammers. This sensor also contains bi-directional quantum bit-stream communication system, which is still in experimental phase.
- Stealth system
- Besides these sensors, the BuCUE Tactical Reconnaissance Type also mounts a stealth system, which is not as advanced as the Mirage Colloid stealth system. It nevertheless works well against radar detection.
During the First Alliance-PLANT War, ZAFT created the BuCUE, a four-legged mobile suit for ground combat on Earth. Over time, several variations of this suit were developed, with one of them being the BuCUE Tactical Reconnaissance Type. It is rumored that BuCUE Tactical Reconnaissance Types are used by a special unit under the direct command of the defense ministry. However, there is no official record of such a unit and its existence is strongly denied by the military. It is believed that this unit is involved in non-regular combat, e.g. assassination.
One salvaged BuCUE Tactical Reconnaissance Type head was purchased, modified and briefly used by Junk Guild member Lowe Guele as a twin beam saber glove for his MBF-P02 Astray Red Frame. However, while fighting a YFX-200 CGUE DEEP Arms, he left the head on the field and forgot about it.