Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
S1 Question on Ali
I've been curious as to how exactly the following things happened during S1
- Ali gaining access to Veda (and piloting Throne Zwei/knowing about the Trinity's purpose)
- How Alejandro knew of Ali's intentions, especially if Ali wasn't under hire by anyone at the time.
Would anyone care to speculate?
- 1) From what I remember, Ali was sent to the Trinities by someone. That someone can be connected to Alejandro/Ribbons or might be (one of) them. It might be (one of) them, since Ali wants a Gundam, and they sent him to the Gundam, with him able to operate it. I doubt Ali knows about Veda, so I think someone opened the access for Ali to use the Gundams. Alejandro/Ribbons could be those someones.
- 2) Ali was hired by Laguna Harvey. Alejandro caught on Ali's intention through Laguna's report to Veda.
- Bronx01 21:55, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
One of my own personal curiosity is who Ali was working for that he helped silenced and killed Kinue Crossroad for. But as for your question, I think it's because of Veda. All the biometric systems are networked to Veda, so it's presumed Ali's bypass was more of a exception. Wasabi 22:48, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
- I think Ali Al-Saachez was not hired by anyone to kill Kinue. However, I think he killed her as sort of service to Laguna Harvey, expecting something in return from him (GN MS), or as a warning to Laguna. ---Bronx01 23:36, August 16, 2010 (UTC)
He wasn't hired to kill Kinue, he talked to someone on the phone that sounds a lot like the future ESF president, saying he took out a rat for him. As for Laguna, wasn't he already dead from a head shot?
Wasabi 06:54, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
- Laguna's still alive that time.
- I think Laguna is on the other line. First, Kinue has been a rat to CB, especially to Laguna with her bugging him about his info about CB. Second, Ali's reason for killing Kinue was for good publicity, which is only beneficial to Laguna and CB because Kinue won't spill anything anymore. (I also like the thought of Laguna trying to act bewildered by Ali's actions ("You killed a reporter!"), then Ali said it was for good publicity, indirectly saying what he knows about Laguna and his involvement with CB). And Laguna's the only person in CB that Ali has a contact that was shown in the show. Also, Laguna's voice isn't that far with the voice in the com.
- It can also be someone else, changing their voice, but my first bet is on Laguna. --Bronx01 16:48, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
oke, here is the truth remember when Saji said that kinue crossed paths with CB, keep this in mind. Anyway Ali said that it may give them good public support, well that would mean if someone found out that CB did kill Kinue they would turn on CB plus we dont know if Kinue's killers were reported, i mean veda could easliy change info. the person on the phone was laguna and remember ribbons had control of veda so ali can easliy pilot the Zwei. Laguna was a puppet and Ali i know was working for Ribbons the whole time seeing as he was working for him in S2. thats the way i understand it.Shindy00 18:58, August 17, 2010 (UTC)
Confirmation Ali's Kill Over Laguna
Guys, it was always my understanding that Ali head-shot Laguna as soon as he denied him a GN-X. However, someone made the edit that he went back after Kinue's death and then head-shot him. I need some something definitive guys...or at least a vote, was he shot first or shot later?
Wasabi 18:14, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
- I checked.
- Episode 20, Ali implied a request for a GN-X to Laguna. Laguna denied him. Ali walked out.
- Same episode, Ali killed Kinue, then talked to the phone with unknown person.
- Episode 21, Laguna was seen dead.
- Some notes, Laguna wears a jacket when found dead. He doesn't wear any jacket during his on screen meeting with Ali. So, it's a bit unbelievable that Ali killed him soon after Ali was denied a GN-X. Laguna being killed more likely happened after Ali killed Kinue.
- --Bronx01 21:33, September 5, 2010 (UTC)
Thanks Bronx01, I'll accept that as evidence. Wasabi 04:05, September 6, 2010 (UTC)
Are Ali al-Saachez and Graham Aker Newtype?
Ali al-Saachez is hinted at being a Newtype in: MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM 00 2nd season-Episode 5: Homeland Burning(ENG-sub), Ribbons Almark Asigns Ali al-Saachez to sortie against the Gundam @ 0:1:16-01:20 Ribbons states:"He's a Human. Though in a way, he's transcended the definition of that word". This "transcended" nature is well expressed later in: MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM 00 2nd season-Episode 9; Ali al-Saachez engages Both Setsuna F. Seiei and Tieria Ere, the pair were not only outperformed by Ali al-Saachez but were nearly destroyed by him @ 0:4:35 where they were saved by Lyle Dylandy's long range particle fire.
I suggest at the very least Ali al-Saachez entitled as "Transcendant Human" on his character description, Perhaps with: Asura influence/disposition/type as a side note. Much like Graham Aker/Mr Bushido (who's mask and combast performance give a very Asura like appearance), it's clear that he and Ali al-Saachez exist primarily for the thrill of mele battle and secondly to express just how much change Setsuna experiences as he becomes an Innovator.LinYen-Newtype (talk) 15:08, September 16, 2013 (UTC)LinYen-Newtype