Just to let everyone know, I've started expanding this page. Frankly, while I know how popular Char is, Amuro should still have more than just a stub... Chris Beilby 04:31, 28 May 2007 (UTC)
Given how important Amuro is to the Gundam franchise I think he needs a better page than this. I am willing to redo this page. However I don't think I'll be able to write about everything he did in every episode he appeared in. So here is what I am proposing. I think that the history section should be shortened down to shorter generalizations of what he did in the Gundam compilation movies. Then I suggest we have a compleatly new "History" or "Life of Amuro Ray" article linked to this page to mention everything he did in all the Gundam and Zeta Gundam episodes.
So do you think this is a good idea or not.--ShutUpNavi 00:46, March 8, 2010 (UTC)
Subpage and Issues with Continuity
Is there such thing as a subpage on this wikia? If so , then I suggest moving the Mobile Suit Gundam part into a subpage. Also, what should we accept as canon? You guys should know why I ask this. Baker78 04:26, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I think we should have policy on "canon" first. やらないか? 04:41, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Why have we not formed a policy on canon? Baker78 04:56, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- Well, all the information on MSG that stopped at Ramba Ral was all me :( I'd love for all of the wiki pages to be up to the standards of the 00 pages, and we don't need a subpage for Amuro, that would be like having 7 subpages for Setsuna. I think that whatever we seen in the anime series should be accepted as canon. That doesn't mean that all manga are non canon, though. The 00 mangas take place before and during the main anime and give us some facts about the world of 00. However, something like the 0079 manga should be considered semi-canon because they explain alot of important stuff, like how some of the main characters go to where they were when First Gundam started and some of the technologies. Baker, you should talk to one of the senior editors like Taikage, SonicSP, Dav7d2, or myself and ee what they think. Gaeaman788 08:37, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- It's just I feel that the Mobile Suit Gundam section is too long. Some stuff also can have their seperate articles (such the beam weapons). We aren't Wikipedia. Baker78 13:26, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I kind of have the other view, with Wikipedia shortening their articles XD.
- What's canon in UC is a bit different on 00's approach, with many different spin offs made for UC. From what I read, only those animated are considered canon (with series being on top compared to compilations). --Bronx01 13:40, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- I intend to finish Gundam 0079, but still a subpage will do. Baker78 14:01, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
- For me, I want to see the final work first before deciding that. TBH, I don't see a problem with putting all the stuff here. I have seen in other wiki(a)s that have pages that are really long. I have been involved also in making some articles very long here.
- However, if the quality is good , and if we can't help the length, then I don't see why not to think about it. If you want, you can try working on a Sandbox to see how it goes. --Bronx01 14:25, October 26, 2010 (UTC)
Zeta Gundam Movie Voiceover?
I just watched a clip from the English Dub of Zeta Gundam: A New Translation and heard the voiceover for Amuro, and I'm not sure whether it was done by Brad Swaile, or Matthew Erickson.