Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Teiwaz (テイワズ, Teiwazu)
Teiwaz (テイワズ Teiwazu?) is a faction that appears in the Post Disaster timeline of the Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS television series. It is Jupiter's biggest conglomerate, which represents the Outer Sphere. It has countless corporate affiliates and its vast range of activities encompasses heavy industry, manufacturing, construction, wholesale and retail trade, financing, medical care, education, agriculture, private military work, and transportation. The organization is also rumored to be run like a mafia.
With its own proprietary transportation routes between Jupiter and Mars, and between Mars and Earth, it had maintained the largest share in an industry where countless rival companies are continually entering the marketplace.
By P.D. 323, pirate attacks had become frequent, but as the damage to the transportation industry reached twice the previous year's level, the Teiwaz Group alone had been strong enough to reduce its losses year-to-year.
This situation was expected to continue for the next few years. Because of Teiwaz's large influence, Gjallarhorn was incapable of meddling with their business and thus creating an opening in the smuggling business at a certain price.
Following Tekkadan's success in sending Kudelia Aina Bernstein to Earth and Togonosuke Makanai to the Arbrau parliament, Teiwaz were one of the affected companies whom received the mineral rights to Mars' half-metal. With the unprecedented arms race in the wake of Gjallarhorn's scandal, Teiwaz is also one of the companies positioned to profit from the anticipated arms race; no less thanks to having Tekkadan as their associate.
Teiwaz has multiple groups and subsidiaries under its umbrella.
- 4S Phalanx
- Ganymede Farm
- Turbines (タービンズ Tābinzu?): Managing the Teiwaz's transport division. "Turbines" is not only the group's name, but also refers to its crew being members of the Turbine family, consisting of Naze Turbine and his sizable harem. Their base of operation is the Hammerhead.
- JPT - represented by Jasley Donomikols
- Euro Electronics (エウロ・エレクトロニクス Euro Erekutoronikusu?): A company involved in the heavy industry, it is known to make weapons for mobile suits and is the manufacturer of the Kutan Type-III transport booster.
- Tekkadan: A mercenary group formed by members of Chryse Guard Security's third group, they originally encountered the Turbines when Maruka Arkay tried to reclaim the NOA-0093 Isaribi. The conflict quickly came to an end and through negotiations with McMurdo Barriston and the Sakazaki Blood Oath between Naze Turbine and Orga Itsuka, Tekkadan became affiliated with Teiwaz. After the Battle of Edmonton, the relationship between Tekkadan and Teiwaz became closer due to the Sakazaki Blood Oath betwen Orga and McMurdo Barriston.
Notes & Trivia
- Teiwaz subsidiary, Euro Electronics, might be a reference to Anaheim Electronics from the Universal Century timeline.
- Three of the companies above, IOS, Ganymede Farm and Callisto are likely based on the moons of Jupiter.
- The Teiwaz rune is a Germanic rune that was associated with the Germanic/Norse God, Tyr. Coincidentally, Teiwaz's emblem resembles the rune itself.