Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Trafalgar-class is a variant of the Magellan-class deployed by the Earth Federation Forces. It was first mentioned in Tomino's Mobile Suit Gundam novels and made its animated debut in the video game Mobile Suit Gundam: Gihren's Greed.
Technology and Combat Characteristics
The Trafalgar-class is a Magellan-class with a full-length flight deck attached to each side. However, its capacity is somewhat limited, as it has only been seen to carry twelve Public-class. As a result, it's classified as an open deck-type support cruiser rather than a regular carrier. However, in Mobile Suit Gundam: Gihren's Greed, the Trafalgar-class is capable of carrying sixty FF-S3 Saberfish, which indicates it has higher capacity.
Due to the large amount of space that the flight decks consume, Trafalgar-class is much weaker in terms of fire power when compared to its previous incarnation with only a twin mega particle cannon turret, two 6-tube external missile launchers, and four 2-barrel machine gun turrets to help defend other ships and itself against enemy mobile suit attacks. Another issue was definite loss of speed due to the added mass of the flight decks.
A total of eight of Trafalgar-class were constructed.
- 2-barrel mega particle gun
- The only remaining beam weapon after the refit, the mega particle gun is mounted in a forward firing position on the top of the ship's hull
- 2-Barrel Machine Gun Turrets
- These weapons formed the Salamis Class's anti-air/MS weaponry.
- 6-tube external missile launchers
- Mounted on the upper and lower parts of the extension of the bow are a pair of 6-tube missile launcher. These missile launchers were likely added to compensate for the loss of most of the Magellan-class' original armament.
Notes & Trivia
- It is named after the Battle Of Trafalgar where the British navy defeated the French and Spanish navies thereby preventing an invasion of Britain itself.