Technology & Combat Characteristics
A mobile suit commonly used by various organisations, the Dort Company deployed the Spinner Rodi for colony wall construction. It is also used for other civil engineering works as well as security purposes in many industrial colonies, and thus its parts are widely circulated. The protrusion on its forehead contains an additional movable sensor. To adapt to uses both in space and within colonies, it is equipped with a back pod, a rifle with grenade launcher, and thruster equipped boost hammer. Commander-use version of the machine has a blade antenna at the back of the head.
- Spinner Rodi's main ranged weapon. It has a grenade launcher at the bottom, in front of the gun's drum magazine.
- Boost Hammer
- Spinner Rodi's main melee weapon, it is stored on the rear skirt armor when not in use. The hammer has built-in thrusters and its handle can flip out, granting the weapon a longer reach. The weapon's weight balance also changes with the handle's position. It is usually held with two hands, with the handle folded and in this form, it serves as both a defensive and offensive weapon, and can be used for repeated strikes. Single handed use of the boost hammer when its handle flips out is for forceful strikes.
Special Equipment & Features
Several Spinner Rodis were stationed in the Dort Colonies by the Dort Company so that their workers can use it for colony wall construction. They were later taken over by the workers during their armed rebellion against the company for poor treatment. However, Gjallarhorn had anticipated this and had sabotaged the Spinner Rodis beforehand. Due to this, the Spinner Rodis had only little fuel for their thrusters and their rifles were non-functional. As a result, the subsequent battle between Gjallarhorn forces and the workers was a one-sided slaughter. The slaughter was interrupted when the Tekkadan decided to intervene in the battle.
- ↑ Gundam.Info English Profile
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mechanical Works' Book
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 'Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Mechanics & World' Book
- ↑ 'Mobile Suit Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans Mechanics & World 2' Book
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Episode 17, Kudelia's Decision
- ↑ Mobile Suit Gundam IRON-BLOODED ORPHANS Episode 39, Counsel