NEEDLER TO THE FACE!
- A bit crazy.
- Live off of Sci-Fi, especially Mecha
- Trying to be a Writer.
- I mostly work on "Notes & Trivia" information.
Thoughts on Gundam's story
- I would think the Titans would more heartily against using mono-eye, Zeon based machines, and would stick to MS like the RGM-79Q GM Quel and RX-178 Gundam Mk-II out of sheer bigotry against their sworn enemy. I know Advance of Zeta: The Flag of Titans goes over this in it's story in an interesting way, but I personally feel that it would have been more interesting if the villains used GM machines while the hero's used Zaku unit more definitively as a reversal of the original Gundam. Of course this is just hindsight made decades later by a guy that loves the idea of a Gundam with a mono-eye.
- Am I the only that thinks it would be really interesting to see an alternate Zeta Gundam story where Jerid Messa is the main character?
- For being such an elite group, the pilots of OZ seem a bit inept, notably with me is the fact that normal OZ pilots never really use beam sabers, only important characters sometimes does it. I never fully get to see how skilled OZ pilots are, I just remember seeing them using their MS in very basic ways.
- I inexplicably like the Yzak X Shiho pairing.
- I feel the SEED factor is unbelievably undeveloped from a deeper story and theming perspective, and not just as a power-up for important characters. It's, more or less, the Cosmic Era's alternative to the original Universal Century Newtype, it's different characteristics to Newtypes, specifically it not dealing with telepathy outright, could have given a completely different perspective on humanity that what is said in the Universal Century, maybe even a counterpoint as it seems to imply that evolution won't bring about powers that help us understand one another but rather to better compete against each other. On a less important note if SEED factor increase one's mental activity and awareness, it doesn't seem to make sense biologically to have the black of the eye to super contract, it looks cool but it seems like that would make it harder to see rather than complement what the SEED mode does.
- Gundam Seed Destiny forgot that Coordinators are physically and mentally superior to Naturals. If this established story idea was followed through properly, then Murrue should not have been able to survive and even Matrix dodge the attack of Coordinator special forces.
- Why is there no scene involving a GN-X attacking with it's GN Claws? A scene where a GN-X pilot is forced to use these would be awesome.
- Due to gray morality nature of the first season, I was looking for and making justifications for the actions of the A-LAWS , that promptly ended when Memento Mori was unveiled.
- Descartes Shaman, a missed opportunity for a fleshed-out character and awesome villain. I imagine him blasting away the officer in charge of the experiments he had to endure.
Mobile Weapon Opinions
- The reason why I like the Bawoo, Rebawoo, and likely Zeon-style units is this: When I played MS Saga: A New Dawn I gave the main character a Bawoo, over time it was upgrade with parts from the Wing Zero custom and painted white, at the last levels of the game when the Main Character performed his flying charge attack this Bawoo just looked amazing. I engraved into my mind that a mono-eye unit, a Zaku, can be awesomely heroic.
- The MSA-0120 Advanced Tactical Mobile Suit "ATMOS" reminds me of the machines used by the Zentradi in Macross, specifically the DYRL version of the Nousjadeul-Ger Battle Suit.
- The tactic's of the OZ-02MD Virgo is very similar to the Martian's war machines from The War of the Worlds, both operate in teams of three, use energy shields to defend themselves and use powerful beam weapons to simply blast away their opposition. Even the Romefeller Foundation's plan to mass produce and deploy the Virgo's from space can be likened to the Martians coming to Earth to invade it.
- It's a real shame that the most interesting mecha designs of the Cosmic Era are not found in the two main TV series, but in the side materials such as Stargazer and anything with Astray in it.
- After browsing through the Cosmic Era Mobile Weapons, I found that the genealogy of the Mobile Weapons is somewhat convoluted or just a plot hole, notably with the ZGMF/TAR-X1 GINN Tactical Air Reconnaissance Type and ZGMF-X999A ZAKU Mass Production Trial Type.
- The model numbers for ZAFT's mobile weapons has little sense to it. The most notable problem is with the ZAKU Warrior where it's ZGMF-1000 model number contradicts the GINN's model number of "1017", the numbers just go all over the place with little reason behind it. Another example is the "803" LaGOWE and the "600" GuAIZ, again the LaGOWE came first but it has a higher number not following any sequential order. The first GAT-X units have a similar problem but it's more subtle and the numbers imply that there are unseen GAT-X units that were not seen. Overall the Earth Alliance does better Mobile Suit/Armor numbering than ZAFT does.
- I think Beam Boomerangs were inspired by Char throwing his Beam Tomahawk at Amuro's beam rifle in Char's Counterattack, and Seabook Arno throwing his spare Beam Shield as a distraction. One problem I see with these things is that beam blade may not be what impact the target, the handle could hit first possibly bouncing off causing little or no damage especially against a target using Phase Shift Armor.
- Why doesn't the ZGMF-X88S Gaia Gundam have treads like every other Dog type MS, those treads are what gives Bucue based MS an advantage over other Earth-based MS. I do get that for a transformable mobile suit like the Gaia that they would just get in the way in humanoid mode, but still.
- As it is now the AMA-953 BABI looks like the Justice Gundam's Fatum-00 in fighter mode. Instead of making the BABI a transformable MS (which how did ZAFT make one since most if not all of the transformable Second Stage Series Gundam's were stolen), why not make it a sub-flight lifter to replace the Guul? Maybe it's just there's something about the Babi that rubs me the wrong way, I just hate it, but on it's own I like the Mobile Armor flight form.
- The back wings of the ZGMF-515 CGUE has a similar structure to those of the MSN-06S Sinanju.
- If it's noted that ZAFT making Gundams is unusual compared to their other Mobile Suits, wouldn't it make more sense for them to at least put a mono-eye sensor on them instead of the ussual Gundam style sensors? This could be nothing as I just love the idea of a Gundam with a Mono-eye. At least the DI Adaga accomplished this.
- Mass Effect's Commander Shepard would pilot the GAT-X207 Blitz Gundam, it's coloring is close to N7 armor and it's stealth system is can be likened to the Normandy with it's stealth system; also it's easy to imagine the Trikeros Offensive Shield being used like the Omni-Blade.
- If Naturals have an inherent disadvantage to piloting Mobile Suits compared to Coordinators, why do many Second Bloody Valentine War-era MS of the Alliance, a Natural dominant organization, use Mk315 "Stiletto" Rocket-propelled Anti-armor Penetrators first seen with the GAT-02L2 Dagger L? Thrown weapons like these require substantially more dexterity from the Mobile Suit, and in turn more piloting skill, to be accurate and useful. While automation enacted by the MS Operating System could account for this, in principle, for a user that is acutely aware of how inferior in ability they are compared to their opponent, wouldn't it make more sense for this inferior pilot to rely on weapons that require as little skill as possible to ensure success in targeting and hitting an enemy. Under the same logic, the "Stilletto" is more suited to the more naturally talented Coordinators and their ZAFT-made MS.
- I love the GN-X series of Mobile Suits but I just don't like the GNX-609T GN-XIII. It's just a simplification that sucked the soul out the GN-X, and is a clear sign towards stagnation for the GN-X line, stagnation that the Federal Forces avoids by diverging towards the GNX-704T Ahead and it's decedents. Before the GNX-612T/AA Superbia GN-X and GNX-803T GN-XIV, the GNX-604T Advanced GN-X and GNX-607T GN-XII are what more completely exemplify the potential of the GN-X on it's own "Pure-Blood" merits.
- The Laser Cannons used by the warships of the Earth Sphere Federation, exemplified by the ESF-SC01 Baikal-class, reminds me of the GN Submachine Gun from the GN-003 Gundam Kyrios. I finds this little detail quite nice as it gives a small but prevalent reminder that the Kyrios captured by the UN Army has been used to develop new technologies such as the GNX-704T Ahead, GNX-903VS Brave (Standard Test Type) and GNX-903VW Brave (Commander Test Type).
- The RGE-B790 Genoace is the weakest RGM-79 GM clone out there. For the purpose of Gundam AGE's story this is actually a good thing, it's abysmally low performance design does a very good job of illustrating how the Silver Chalice Treaty has stunted the Federation's Mobile Suits and made them unprepared for, really any, outside threat.
- The AGE-2 Gundam AGE-2 Normal and especially the RGE-G2000X Prototype Clanche based on it reminds me of the X-Wing Starfighter from Star Wars.
- It is really entertaining to see the xvm-fzc Gundam Legilis appear in That's My Uncle!, a Rooster Teeth Animated Adventure. I have a suspision they used it because of how obscure it is.
Favorite Mobile Weapons from Gundam
These are chosen based on how well they work, how interesting they are, and just if I would pilot them or feel their not given the love they deserve.
Other / Models
Universal Century / Regild Century
- RX-78GP02A Gundam "Physalis"
- LRX-077 Sisquiede
- RX-124 Gundam TR-6 (Woundwort) and it's other forms, especially the Hi-Zack II and Kehaar II.
- ORX-008 Gundam ［Gullinbursti］
- MSS-008 Le Cygne and it's "GM unit" MSS-009 Gemeaux.
- MSN-001X Gundam Delta Kai and the MSN-001A1 Delta Plus it's based on.
- RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 02 Banshee and it's Norn equipment.
- RX-104FF Penelope
- VGMM-Gf10 Gundam G-Lucifer
- XXXG-01D Gundam Deathscythe and the later Deathscythe Hell, especially their Endless Waltz versions.
- OZ-15AGX Hydra Gundam
- GAT-X303 Aegis Gundam, the Gundam SEED Re: upgrade and the ZGMF-X11A Regenerate Gundam based on it.
- YMF-X000A Dreadnought Gundam
- ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam
- ZGMF-X13A Providence Gundam and the ZGMF-X3000Q Providence ZAKU based on it.
- MBF-P02 Gundam Astray Red Dragon
- ZGMF-X24S Chaos Gundam and it's prototype the XMF-P192P Proto-Chaos.
- ZGMF-X56S/ι Destiny Impulse Gundam R, specifically the DI Adaga.
- GNY-001F Gundam Astraea Type F and the Avalanche Astraea Type F Dash.
- Throne Gundams (GNW-001 Eins, GN-002 Zwei and GNW-003 Drei), the Turbulenz Pack, the GNX-509T Throne Varanus, and the successive GNW-20000 Arche Gundam, Jagd and Drei.
- GN-010 Gundam Zabanya
- MIP-X1, the MA-05 Bigro based on it, and especially the MA-05Ad Big Rang.
- Apsalus series, especially the Third Unit
- MA-09 Mass Production Type Big Zam
- AMX-002 Neue Ziel
- MAK-005S Gaplant Kai
- GNMA-Y0002V Gadelaza
- Sid, the guardian of EXA-DB
- EMS-10 Zudah
- MS-07B-3 Gouf Custom and the MS-07H-8 Gouf Flight Type.
- MS-08TX Efreet and it's variants; especially the MS-08TX/S Efreet Schneid.
- MS-09B Dom, and notably it's derivatives the Gross Beil, Bein Nichts, Rick Dom II, Schnee Weiss, Dreissen, the Cosmic Era DOM Trooper and it's Original Spec Type.
- YMS-15 Gyan as well as it's derivatives, notably the Gyan Eos, Gyan Krieger and Gyan Kai.
- MS-18E Kämpfer, it's prototype and even the PPMS-18E Kämpfer Amazing.
- MS-21C Dra-C
- RMS-106 Hizack, its Pre-Production Type and Cannon equipment.
- AMX-017 Gigantic
- AMX-011 Zaku III
- AMX-107 Bawoo and the later AMX-107R Rebawoo.
- AMS-129 Geara Zulu
- MMS-01 Serpent
- ZGMF-1017 GINN, notably it's Assault Type and the first High Maneuver Type.
- ZGMF-600 GuAIZ and it's Experimental Firearms Type
- GNX-603T GN-X, the Advanced GN-X, the GN-X II and it's Sword and Cannon variants, and finally the GN-X IV.
- MSM-10 Zock
- GM Camouf
- AGX-04A1 Gerbera Tetra Kai
- RX-098 Prototype Rick Dias
- PMX-000 Messala
- ORX-005CS Gaplant Custom Erisia Special
- MSN-04II Nightingale
- NZ-666 Kshatriya
- The OZ-13MSX1 Vayeate and OZ-13MSX2 Mercurius, as well as the OZ-02MD Virgo based on them.
- YFX-200 CGUE DEEP Arms
- TMF/A-803 LaGOWE
- AMF-103A DINN RAVEN
- SVMS-01X "GN Flag"
- GNX-Y802T Neo-Hed
- xvm-dfc Wiegel
- ovm-gd Glud
- VGMM-Gb03 Gaeon