Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Gundam G-Lucifer is a G-type mobile suit developed by the G-IT Laboratory  that is still in the testing phase, thus two extra seats are added in the cockpit for checking and operating. Other than the streamlined body, it has a monoeye as its main sensor which gives it a distinct appearance from other G-type mobile suit such as G-Self and G-Arcane in the Earth Sphere. Similar to how Gaeon is specialized to utilize the Big Arm, G-Lucifer is designed specifically to utilize its Skirt Funnels, this embodies the G-IT Laboratory's philosophy of using mobile suit as the main body of special weapons.
Its basic design is highly refined. Not only does it possess main thrusters that have high output and durability, but also Minovsky Flight Units built in its feet that increase maneuverability. It is constructed with Photon Armor, and is equipped with high quality radar. It is a mobile suit with potential that is worthy of the name Lucifer (the morning star, Venus).
- Skirt Funnel
- The main armament of G-Lucifer, a maximum of 3 can be mounted on its waist. Each Skirt Funnel has 6 beam cannons on the sides, and a mega cannon at the center. Just like funnels in the UC era, the Skirt Funnels can be detached and controlled remotely to perform all-range attacks, they can also fire their beam cannons while still attached to G-Lucifer. These Skirt Funnels also function as G-Lucifer's main thrusters, loosing them would mean the lost of both firepower and mobility.
- Beam Saber
- A pair of beam sabers are stored in the G-Lucifer's left thigh.
- Beam Rifle
- Since the G-Lucifer's firepower becomes non existent if it loses the Skirt Funnels, a standard Beam Rifle can be equipped to allow it to continue to battle.
Special Equipment and Features
- Moonlight Butterfly System
- The G-Lucifer has a functioning "Moonlight Butterfly" system. In the Blu-Ray edition, Raraiya activates the G-Lucifer's Moonlight Butterfly to disable a Towasangan ship in Jaburo.
During G-Lucifer's adjustment in Venus Globe, it was easily taken away by Manny and Noredo due to the fact that the engineers never expected intruders, and also because of its universal standardized controls. It then became an addition to the mobile suit team of Megafauna, piloted by Raraiya, along with Noredo as a navigator.
Notes & Trivia
- This is the only mobile suit other than the SYSTEM ∀-99 ∀ Gundam and CONCEPT-X 6-1-2 Turn X that can use the Moonlight Butterfly system.
- According to the series director Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gundam Reconguista in G takes place 500 years after the events of Turn A Gundam, which implies the G-Lucifer's Moonlight Butterfly system was developed from the ∀ Gundam or Turn X's data, despite both mobile suits being encased in a cocoon at the end of the series.
- ↑ Gundam Reconguista in G official site. SOTSU Sunrise · MBS.
- ↑ 1/144 scale model HGRC "G-Lucifer" , No.11, Bandai
- ↑ "Monthly Gundam Ace" June 2015, Gundam G no Reconguista - Perfect Pack Book
- VGMM-Gf10 Gundam G-Lucifer on MAHQ.net
- Transcript of Yoru no G-Reko Kenkyuukai ～Tomino Yoshiyuki-hen～ August 27, 2015
- English translation Tomino said G Reco takes place 500 years AFTER Turn A