The WMS-03 Maganac is a mass-produced mobile suit that is featured in Mobile Suit Gundam Wing.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Designed for desert use, the Maganac and its variants feature sand-proof joints and armor. With the main purpose of supporting the Sandrock, they boast formidable versatility, and some Maganacs even received customized upgrades.
- Vulcan Gun
- These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but have little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits; however, the vulcan gun can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors. These weapons are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
- The Maganac could carries a shield on a special hardpoint on its forearm. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break.
- Beam Rifle
- Heat Tomahawk
- An axe-shaped close combat weapon, it uses a super-heated blade to cut through the armor of enemy MS or vehicles.
- Large Rifle
- A powerful rifle. What it fires is unknown.
- Beam Saber
- The Maganac Large Rifle Type mounts a beam saber on its backpack.
- Shell Firing Rifle
- Equipped instead of the left hand in the Maganac Rifle Type.
- Machine Gun
- Diffusing Cloak
- Featured only on the Katoki version, it is a piece of material with anti-beam coating that is able to take a few beam shots before disintegrating.
Special Equipment & Features
- Hovercraft Propulsion System
Manufactured by the Maganac Corps., the WMS-03 Maganac was easily customized to see to the many needs it had to serve, be it combat or labor. Despite the expansion of the Earth Alliance's spheres of influence and military strength, some pockets of people in the Earth Sphere continued to resist despite the overwhelming odds. One of these groups was the Maganac Corps a band of Arabic freedom fighters operating primarily out of the Middle East region of Earth. They built their own frontline mobile suit, the WMS-03 Maganac, and it proved itself to be slightly more formidable than OZ's mainstay unit, the OZ-06MS Leo, in terms of fighting ability and firepower (as well as due to the more disciplined skills of the Maganac pilots). The Maganac Corps would operate their Maganac units for several years, hiding from the Earth Alliance and OZ at times while resisting fiercely at others. Many of the Maganac Corps' members also customized their own Maganacs in one way or another, either cosmetically, or in the case of the Corps' squad leaders, with additional armor and weapons.
- Maganac Rifle Type
- A Maganac that is fitted with a shell firing rifle instead of a left hand.
- Maganac Large Rifle Type
- A Maganac equipped with a large rifle. It also mounts a single beam saber on the backpack.
- "Maganac" Mobile Doll Corps
- Introduced in New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Frozen Teardrop, when Katherine Oud Winner defects from the group. She is intercepted by Trowa, along with Heero and Duo in their Snow White and Warlock, and she attacks them with Maganac mobile dolls as she tries to escape. One Maganac mobile doll is customized with a "commander's antenna" on the head and shoulder armor.
Notes & Trivia
- Although Maganac rarely appeared as game unit in Super Robot Wars series, XXXG-01SR2 Gundam Sandrock Kai often has a special attack called Maganac Attack which the Maganac corp appeared and attacked the enemy, then have Gundam Sandrock deal the finishing blow.