The XM-04 Berga Dalas is a mobile suit from the Mobile Suit Gundam F91 movie.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The XM-04 Berga Dalas was designed as a high performance suit to be used by commanders and other officers of the Crossbone Vanguard. As such the Berga Dalas was designed to possess greater speed, maneuverability, and power output than the XM-01 Den'an Zon being used by the grunt soldiers. One of its distinctive features and reason for greater mobility is the six shelf nozzles mounted on its backpack.
Like the Den'an Zon the Berga Dalas uses the same shot lancer and beam shield technologies as most other Crossbone Vanguard mobile suits use. However unlike the Den'an Zon the Berga Dalas is not equipped with a beam gun of any sort, and the only beam weapons it is known to be equipped with are a pair of beam sabers. But it does possess a beam flag emitter, allowing commanders to make a giant standard for their troops to follow into battle, even if it makes them a more visible target.
The data for the Berga Dalas would be used in the development of the XM-05 Berga Giros.
- Beam Shield
- A new protective device used by the mobile suits of the U.C. 0120 era. Thanks to their increased generator output, the scaled-down mobile suits of this era are able to use beam technology for defensive purposes. Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself.
- Beam Saber
- A standard melee weapon that generates a beam of plasma contained by an I-field. A highly effective weapon that can melt through any metal armor the only true counter to a beam saber is another beam saber or a beam shield. Because of the nature of the I-field containing the plasma beam sabers can be used (by the very skilled) to block beam rifle attacks, or be shaped into different forms such as a beam ax or beam naginata. When not in use beam sabers are stored in a recharge rack located somewhere on the mobile suit's body, recharging on the energy from the mobile suit's ultracompact nuclear reactor.
- Shot lancer
- A distinctive close combat weapon developed by the Crossbone Vanguard, the shot lancer is designed for combat in and around space colonies, where beam weapons would run the risk of triggering catastrophic reactor explosions in enemy mobile suits. Instead, the shot lancer uses electromagnetic acceleration to drive its tip through the enemy's armor, and the spearhead itself can also be launched like a missile. The shot lancer was first equipped on XM-01 Den'an Zon and remained a standard melee weaponry for many Crossbone Vanguard mobile suit models. The Berga Dalas's shot lancer can mount on the right arm, leaving the hand free to operate another weapon.
- 2-barrel Heavy Machine Gun
- To increase the Shot Lancer's combat effectiveness the weapon was designed to incorporate a machine gun. The Berga Dalas's shot lancer featured a two-barrel drum fed heavy machine gun that proved highly effective against the light armor of modern Earth Federation mobile suits.
- Beam Flag Emitter
- The beam flag emitter is a technology that uses similar principals as a beam saber to generate a large beam shaped into a specific symbol. It is used to act as a battlefield standard, often designating which units were commanders.
- Shelf Nozzle
- On the Berga Dalas's back are set of shelf nozzles. This equipment functions as a type of propellant tanks - a disposable storage unit for extra fuel with built-in vernier thrusters, albeit much smaller those used previously on mobile suits and can adjust their angle. Because of their verniers and flexibility they are highly effective tools for increasing fuel capacity and increasing the mobile suit's overall agility.
The XM-04 Berga Dalas was originally designed and built in the year UC 117 to serve as the commander model mobile suit of the Crossbone Vanguard. However by the time of the invasion of the Frontier IV colony a new commander model mobile suit had been developed to replace it, the XM-05 Berga Giros. Despite this several commanders such as Dorel Ronah preferred the older Berga Dalas.
|Mobile Suit Gundam F91 Mechanics|
|Earth Federation/Civilian Militia|
| Mobile Suit|
F71 G-Cannon | F91 Gundam F91 | F-50D Guntank R-44 | RGM-89J Jegan Normal Type | RGM-89M Jegan B-Type | RGM-89R Jegan A-Type | RGM-109 Heavygun | XM-06 Dahgi Iris | XM-07 Vigna Ghina
Armored Buggy | Armored Car | Missile Armored Car | Motorcycle | Wired Missile Car
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Ark-class | Clop-class | Ra Cailum-class | Salamis Kai-class
| Mobile Suit|
XM-01 Den'an Zon | XM-02 Den'an Gei | XM-03 Ebirhu-S | XM-04 Berga Dalas | XM-05 Berga Giros | XM-06 Dahgi Iris | XM-07 Vigna Ghina
| Mobile Armour|
Armored Buggy | Armored Car | Paint Vehicle
|Cruiser / Mother Ship|
Zamouth Garr-class | Zamouth Giri-class | Zamouth Jeth-class | Zamouth Nada-class
|Jupiter Energy Fleet|
|Transporter / Supply Ship|