Technology & Combat Characteristics
Developed to further improve the XM-06 Dahgi Iris' reconnaissance capabilities, The Dahgi Iris Improved Armament Type was provided of two large propellant tanks on its backpack and additional leg thruster units, this model has a greatly increased cruising activity range and can operate for longer periods of time. Unlike the standard Dahgi Iris, the surplus of power saved due to data gathering is not "wasted" to feed a beam rifle, which was deleted in favor of a conventional 75mm machine gun.
- 75mm Machine Gun
- A new addition from the Dahgi Iris' original loadout, the twin-barrel 75mm machine gun is mounted on the left forearm of the Dahgi Iris Improved Armanment Type. In the age of miniaturized mobile suits, the emphasis for mobile suit designs is speed, thus armor is sacrificed to reduce mass and weight. This leaves many MS vulnerable to physical round weapons, such as machine guns, which had been discarded for mobile suit combat because of a lack of effectiveness after the One Year War.
- 3-barrel Scattering Beam Gun
- The Dahgi Iris mounts a 3-barrel scattering beam gun in its waist armor, just below the cockpit. It fires concentrated mega particles from all three barrels at once,and mega particles would spread out instead of remaining tightly focused. This reduces the overall range, limiting the weapon's use to mid-to-close range combat. However, the increase beam radius does more overall damage and has a greater chance of hitting the target. This weapon has been shown to be highly effective against other mobile suits of the U.C 0123 era unless they use a beam shield as a countermeasure.
- Beam Saber
- A standard melee weapon that generates a beam of plasma contained by an I-field, the beam saber can melt through any metal armor. The only true countermeasure to a beam saber is another beam saber or a beam shield. The Dahgi Iris carries a single beam saber stored in a recharge rack located on the rear waist armor.
- Shields are simple in their design, being essentially thick slabs of metal that the equipped mobile suit can use to absorb the impact from attacks that, for whatever reason, cannot be dodged. However shields can only withstand so much pressure before becoming damaged themselves. The Dahgi Iris is equipped with a physical shield mounted on the left arm instead of a beam shield like other Crossbone Vanguard mobile suits because the beam shield would interfere with the Dahgi Iris's sensitive sensor equipment.
F71 G-Cannon Powered Weapon Type | F71 G-Cannon VSBR Type
|Gundam F91's variations|
F91 Gundam F91 Twin VSBR Type | HWF91 Gundam F91 Heavy Weapons Type
|RGM-109 Heavygun's variation|
RGM-109 Heavygun Full Equipment Type
|RGM-111 Hardygun's variations|
RGM-111G Hardygun Close Combat Type | RGM-111R Hardygun Reconnaissance Type
|Guntank R-44's variation|
RXR-44 Guntank R-44 Powered Weapons Type
| XM-05 Berga Giros' variation|
XM-05 Berga Giros Heavy Armament Type
|XM-06 Dahgi Iris' variation|
XM-06 Dahgi Iris Improved Armament Type
| XM-07 Vigna Ghina's variations|
XM-07B Vigna Ghina II | XM-07S Vigna Ghina Berah Ronah Special