The XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Custom (aka Heavyarms Kai or Gundam Zero-Three) is the upgraded form of the original XXXG-01H Gundam Heavyarms. It is piloted by a young man operating under the pseudonym Trowa Barton.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
An upgrade of the Heavyarms to make it worthy for space combat. Several vernier thrusters were added to give the suit more stability and mobility in a zero-gravity environment. Its Beam Gatling was also upgraded to the Twin Beam Gatling, with two barrels instead of the original's one, allowing the Gundam to deal more damage.
Endless Waltz Version
Instead of the red and white color scheme of the TV Version, the Endless Waltz Version sports a dark blue and white theme. This version has no Army Knife, but sports much more missiles, two more Chest Gatling Guns, and uses a pair of Double Gatling Guns as its main weapon, resulting in a massive amount of firepower.
- Machine Cannon
- A pair of machine cannons is mounted on the clavical section of the Heavyarms Custom. Sports stronger power than the vulcan guns.
- Vulcan Gun
- These head mounted shell firing weapons have a high-rate of fire, but little power and are generally ineffective against mobile suits. However, they can damage lightly armored areas such as the sensors, and are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles, small vehicles, etc.
- Homing Missile
- Six homing missiles are stored within the shoulders, they are fired towards an enemy/enemies with a lock on. The EW version has more of these missiles (44) and they are stored in the front skirts and leg missile pods.
- Micro Missile
- In the TV version, 24 micro missiles are stored in two pods on the legs. The EW version has more of these missiles (52) and they are stored in the shoulders and the side skirts.
- Chest Gatling Gun
- The chest armor is opened when these weapons are fired. They possess enough power to cause significant damage to even Gundanium alloy. The EW version has four of these.
- Twin Beam Gatling (TV Version Only)
- The TV Version uses the Twin Beam Gatling as its main weapon. This is the original Gundam Heavyarms' Beam Gatling with a second barrel for heavier firepower. It is worn over its left arm.
- Double Gatling Gun (EW Version)
- Used by the EW Version as the main weapon, it is a beam gatling gun with two barrels and lacks a shield like the TV version's Twin Beam Gatling. One is held in each hand when used, and can be stored on the back when not in use.
- Army Knife
- Found only on the TV version, it is mounted under the right arm and is the suit's only melee weapon.
Special Equipment & Features
- Self-Destruct System
- The Gundam Heavyarms Custom was built to self-destruct should the pilot choose to. A remote detonator is placed within the cockpit and if a dire situation arrives, the pilot can destroy the Mobile Suit. The system was designed to overload its power systems and has enough explosive power to destroy several city blocks. It's a last option tactic if the pilot is incapable of protecting the Mobile Suit, while not allowing it to fall into enemy hands. It also can be used as one large explosive device to eradicate large targets.
The End of Gundam Heavyarms
When Trowa Barton left Earth with the other Gundam pilots, he left his Gundam Heavyarms on Earth, hidden away. Trowa infiltrated OZ and became one of their top soldiers, taking the Vayeate as his mobile suit. Later, during the battle with Quatre, Trowa seemingly sacrificed himself in hope of bringing Quatre back from insanity (as he was under the control of the infamous ZERO system). Trowa was presumed deceased, although Quatre wasn’t going to give up looking for him, Trowa turned up over 10 episodes later with memory loss, thus forgetting where he had hidden the Heavyarms.
Birth of Heavyarms Custom
Sally Po later finds the Heavyarms and gives it to Heero to take up to space. It was brought to the independent battleship Peacemillion where Gundam supporter Howard would upgrade the the Heavyarms for space battle (Heavyarms was the last of the five Gundams to receive this upgrade) thus Gundam Heavyarms Custom is born. Trowa regained his memory when he, under recommendation from Heero, took Wing Zero to save a colony that had been taken over by OZ. The ZERO system gave Trowa a boost to his memories, to the delight of Quatre. Trowa then used the Heavyarms Custom during the battles against White Fang whilst teamed up with the other 4 pilots and then on to the Eve War, the final battle of the series.
In A.C. 196, Trowa sends the Gundam Heavyarms Custom over to Quatre to be destroyed. When he realized that the Barton Foundation is planning to carry out the original Operation Meteor, he infiltrates the the Mariemaia Army, much like he infiltrated OZ a year earlier, and uses a Serpent unit instead (Which has similar armaments to the Heavyarms Custom, as both were built by the Barton Foundation). Trowa switches back to the Heavyarms Custom for the battle in Brussels. During the battle, the Heavyarms Custom disabled many Serpent units without killing the pilots using specialized, non-explosive rounds. However, it eventually ran out of ammo due to the large amount of enemies and the toughness of the Serpents' Neo-Titanium armor. After the battle, the Gundam Heavyarms Custom is seen with Gundam Deathscythe Hell and Gundam Sandrock Custom as the pilots self-detonated them, destroying the Gundams once and for all.
Notes and Trivia
- "Kai" is a Japanese Kanji character "改". In English it means "Modified".
- The Heavyarms Custom (TV version) can be piloted in Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 3. It features the beam saber briefly installed in the original Heavyarms as an attack.
- In the Endless Waltz movie version, the Heavyarms Custom is seen wearing a giant replica of Trowa's clown mask during the battle with the Mariemaia solders. It is also seen in games such as SRW and SD Gundam G Generation.
- The Endless Waltz version appears in Gundam Build Fighters Episode 11 controlled by an unknown pilot.
|Gundam W: Battlefield of Pacifists Mechanics|
XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero | XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell | XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Custom | XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam | XXXG-01SR2 Gundam Sandrock Custom
|Organization of the Zodiac|
OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-12SMS Taurus
High-Speed Combat Command Ship | Leo Mothership
|Perfect Peace People|
OZ-04MD Virgo III | OZ-12SMS Taurus | OZ-16MSX-D Scorpio
|Gundam W: Endless Waltz Mechanics|
|G Team / Preventers|
OZ-00MS2B Tallgeese III | OZ-06MS Leo | SK-12SMS Taurus | XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero | XXXG-01D2 Gundam Deathscythe Hell | XXXG-01H2 Gundam Heavyarms Custom | XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam | XXXG-01SR2 Gundam Sandrock Custom
Crash Shuttle | Preventer Shuttle | Transport Shuttle
MMS-01 Serpent | OZ-06MS Leo | OZ-12SMS Taurus | XXXG-01S2 Altron Gundam
Interplanetary Transport Ship