Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Legilis R is developed for the personal use of Zeheart Galette. The most prominent change of the Legilis R from the original Legilis is the adoption of an improved bit control system, the "Embed Bit System". In addition, the Legilis R no longer requires a shield due to the miniaturized control system, resulting in improved maneuverability over the original Legilis. Furthermore, the Legilis R is painted in Zeheart's personal red colors, and no longer uses a beam rifle. Instead, the Legilis R uses the Legilis Spear, a weapon similar to the xvt-zgc Ghirarga's Ghirarga Spear.
Like the original Legilis, the Legilis R is a high performance X-Rounder mobile suit that is able to keep up with the most powerful of X-Rounder pilots. As the Legilis R's performance is almost identical to the original Legilis, the Legilis R can outmatch most of the mobile suits of its time.
- Beam Vulcan
- Like the hand mounted beam vulcans found on most Vagan mobile suits, the Gundam Legilis R's head mounted beam vulcans are rapid fire beam weapons capable of destroying most targets with enough shots.
- Beam Buster
- The Beam Buster is a chest mounted, powerful beam weapon.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- The standard ranged weapons for most Vagan mobile suits. These armaments are mounted on both hands of Vagan mobile suits. These beam weapons have a high-rate of fire and are moderately powerful. They have been shown able to destroy small vehicles, buildings, and even mobile suits. In addition to being a ranged weapon, the beam vulcan is able to generate a beam saber for close range combat. Due to this feature, the beam vulcan armament can quickly switch to the beam saber, making the beam vulcan a versatile weapon. The Legilis R's beam sabers have a power output similar to the AGE-3O Gundam AGE-3 Orbital's beam sabers. Furthermore, the Legilis R's beam sabers have a increased output in the unit's "Gundam Mode".
- Legilis Bit
- The Legilis Bit are all-range beam particle remote weaponry controlled by X-Rounder brainwaves. These bits can quickly take down an mobile suit squad with relative ease. The Legilis Bits can also shield the Gundam Legilis R from beam attacks by creating a barrier around the Gundam Legilis R, similar to Gundam AGE-FX's C-Funnel barrier. Unlike the original Gundam Legilis, the Gundam Legilis R's bits are controlled by the improved "Embed Bit System," thus the original Legilis's shield is no longer required. The removal of the shield allows the Legilis R to have improved maneuverability over the original Legilis.
- Legilis Cannon
- The Legilis Cannon is a long-range beam rifle built into the tail that can be positioned under either shoulders or in between the legs when in use, it possesses the power to destroy most mobile suits in one shot.
- Legilis Spear
- The Legilis Spear is the versatile hand-held weapon of the Gundam Legilis R, being able to function as both a close range armament and a beam rifle for long range combat. It can be assumed to function much like the xvt-zgc Ghirarga's spear.
- Like the Gundam Legilis, the Gundam Legilis R has the "Legilis Core", a feature reversed-engineered from the captured Gundam AGE-3 Orbital. The core unit, where the cockpit is located, can be detached from Gundam Legilis R. When separated, the Legilis Core can transform into a dragon-shaped unit, which consists of the Legilis R's head, inner torso, its back (where its wings will be expanded) and the Legilis Cannon.
- Embed Bit System
After the completion of the xvm-fzc Gundam Legilis, the development data of the Legilis was sent to the 23 Research Groups throughout Mars. The Vagans launched the "Plan Assimilation" development program to create more mobile suits of the same type as the Legilis, one of these being the 8th R&D Group's Gundam Legilis R.
Only one Legilis R prototype was completed. The prototype unit was scheduled to be operated by Zeheart Galette as his personal machine. Although an investigation was carried out after the war, the unit was not found. In addition, the developer of the Legilis R testified that "operating tests were conducted on Mars in secret." Due to these facts, there have been rumors that the prototype was hidden by Vagan militants.
|Gundam Age: EXA LOG Mechanics|
|Gundam AGE-2's variation|
AGE-2A Gundam AGE-2 Artimes
|Gundam AGE-3's variation|
AGE-3L Gundam AGE-3 Laguna
RGE-C350S Shaldoll Scout
RGE-G2000X Prototype Clanche
BMS-008 Rogue Bat
xvv-xcc Zedas C
|Gundam Legilis' variation|
xvm-fzc-zgc Gundam Legilis R
ovm-pp Golden Gurdolin Perfect
RGE-B790CF Genoace Fox Custom
Flight Unit 02 Everse System Gafran Mars Feather
3D | The Gundam | Vandera