Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Zeydra is a new generation Vagan Mobile suit that was designed with X-Rounder compatibility. Its completion signified a new milestone in X-Rounder mobile suit technology. It has also adapted the gravity-suitable mobility trait from the ovm-e Dorado, allowing it to move better under gravity and also achieving impressive speeds. It also has new weaponry such as the Beam Buster. Alongside the Beam Buster, the unit is also equipped with a solid Zeydra Sword and the handheld Zeydra Gun.
The red color scheme is meant to reflect Zeheart Galette's personal color. And also reflects the overall performance of the mobile suit. Overall, the Zeydra is a fast and agile Mobile Suit that can keep up with the AGE-2 normal in terms of performance. Due to Zeheart's X-Rounder capabilities, it can exceed its potential as a high speed commander unit.
- Beam Buster
- The Beam Buster is a chest mounted, powerful beam weapon that possesses the power to destroy a few mobile suits in one shot. It was seen to be able to match the AGE-2's Hyper DODS Rifle in terms of firepower.
- Beam Vulcan/Beam Saber
- The standard ranged weapons for most Vagan mobile suits. These armaments are mounted both hands of Vagan mobile suits. These beam weapons have a high-rate of fire and are moderately powerful. They have been shown able to destroy small vehicles, buildings, and even mobile suits. In addition to being a ranged weapon, the beam vulcan is able to generate a beam saber for close range combat. Due to this feature, the beam vulcan armament can quickly switch to the beam saber, making the beam vulcan a versatile weapon.
- Zeydra Sword
- While normally serving as the Zeydra's "tail". This armament can be detached and used as a physical sword in close range combat.
- Zeydra Gun
- A hand-carried beam gun wielded by the Zeydra. The Zeydra's beam gun has a moderate rate of fire. It can also generate a beam saber for close range combat.
For more information on the Zeydra's history, go to Zeheart Galette's page
- The Zeydra's color scheme and also its speed mirrors the Mobile Suits of ace pilot Char Aznable of the Universal Century timeline, with a running gag that his mobile suits are three times faster than the original. The Zeydra's kick is also a reference to Char's trademark attack.
- With its articulated backpack binders and relatively slender design, the Zeydra bares some resemblance to the MSN-06S Sinanju, which was piloted by Full Frontal, who was hailed as "The Second Coming of Char." In that regard, much of the Zeydra's animation (upon its debut) resembled that of the Sinanju's in episode 2 of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.
- Some have speculated that the Zeydra's model designation "zgc" stands for "Zeheart Galette Custom".