Technology & Combat Characteristics
Like the xvm-zgc Zeydra, the Ghirarga is a next Generation Vagan mobile suit outfitted with enhanced compatibility with X-Rounders. It is based on an experimental machine designed for commander-use and has since been modified with emphasis on mobility as Zeheart's personal unit . The Ghirarga is made especially for all-ranged combat, incorporating previous technologies from other Vagan mobile suits. In addition to some of the weaponry from the Zeydra, it also has two new weapons: the handheld Ghirarga Spear and the Ghirarga Tail. The Beam Buster has also been upgraded in regards to firepower so as to be much more powerful than previous versions of the weapon, to the point where it is able to match up with the AGE-3's Sigmaxiss Rifle and AGE-FX's Stungle Rifle.
Through the use of the "Mode X" configuration, the Ghirarga's X-rounder compatibility is enhanced, utilizing the "X-Transmitter" technology to wield the Ghirarga bits, remote weaponry capable of performing all-range attacks .
- Beam Buster
- The Beam Buster is a chest mounted, powerful beam weapon that possesses the power to destroy a few mobile suits in one shot. It is presumably more powerful than its previous counterparts, as it is seen to be able to match the AGE-3 Gundam AGE-3 Normal's SigMaxiss Rifle and AGE-FX Gundam AGE-FX's Stungle Rifle.
- Beam Vulcan
- The standard ranged weapons for most Vagan mobile suits. These armaments are mounted both hands of Vagan mobile suits. These beam weapons have a high-rate of fire and are moderately powerful. They have been shown able to destroy small vehicles, buildings, and even mobile suits.
- In addition to being a ranged weapon, the beam vulcan is able to generate a beam saber for close range combat. Due to this feature, the beam vulcan armament can quickly switch to the beam saber, making the beam vulcan a versatile weapon.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is the basic close range combat weapon of many mobile suits, both Federation and Vagan alike. However unlike the Federation beam saber, the beam saber used by Vagan mobile suits are generally mounted on the unit's hands, as opposed to being hand held like the Federation beam sabers. The beam saber of the Vagan mobile suits are generated from the unit's beam vulcans, allowing Vagan mobile suits to switch quickly from ranged combat to close range combat. The beam saber can easily cut through most mobile suits.
- Ghirarga Bits
- The Ghirarga Bits are beam-like all-range remote weaponry controlled by X-Rounder brainwaves. These bits can quickly take down an mobile suit squad. This weapon is only usable if the Ghirarga is in the "Mode X" configuration.
- Ghirarga Tail
- Unlike most Vagan mobile suits, the Ghirarga's tail functions as a striking weapon similar to the Xvm-mzc Zeydars. Additionally it can be hand-wielded as a whip.
- Ghirarga Spear
- The Ghirarga Spear is the versatile hand-held weapon of the Ghirarga. It is able to generate a beam sickle from the tips of both ends and can also be separated into two components capable of generating a beam blade. Additionally, it can also function as a beam rifle for ranged combat.
Special Equipment & Features
- Mounted on the wings, elbows, and knees, the X-Transmitter is a special amplifier than enhances an X-Rounder's fighting potential. It also allows the mobile suit to use the Ghirarga Bits. The X-Transmitters are only present in the Ghirarga's "Mode X".
For more information on the Ghirarga's history, go to Zeheart Galette's page.
Notes and Trivia
- Being the successor to the xvm-zgc Zeydra as Zeheart Galette's primary mobile suit, the Ghirarga's colors and speed mirrors the mobile suits used by ace pilot Char Aznable of the Universal Century timeline, with the running gag that his mobile suits are three times faster than the original.
- The Ghirarga is the first mobile suit in the Gundam franchise to use remote weapons without a physical chassis.
- ↑ MBS SOTSU . Official Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Site "MS Ghirarga"
- ↑ "Ghirarga" Assembly Instruction Manual, , 1/144 HG Gundam AGE, No.23, Bandai, (2012)
- ↑ Part 3 Opening Video
- ↑ Episode 35 Cursed Treasure
- ↑ Episode 36 The Stolen Gundam