Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The CGUE DEEP Arms (with DEEP standing for Directional Energy Emission exPerimental) is a mobile suit created to test the beam weapon technology that ZAFT obtained from the four stolen G Project mobile suits from the Earth Alliance. Based on the ZGMF-515 CGUE, it is equipped with a pair of experimental beam cannons that are over 10m in length and mounted on arms linked to a new backpack. It also has modified shoulders and legs units, while the head mounted fin-shaped sensor array has been enlarged to improve the precision of the beam cannons' fire and accuracy of the suit's attack while it is hiding behind cover.
The cannon's large size is firstly due to its long osciliation unit, which is designed as such to ensure high reliability, and secondly, huge, powerful cooling systems to mitigate the serious heating issue that occurs during firing. The cannons also placed additional burden on the suit's body and to cope with it, existing power and cooling units are replaced by newer, high output ones, and additional units are installed in the backpack. Although the beam cannons' cooling issue is not properly solved, their performance reached expectation and data gained during their usage are used by ZAFT to develop subsequent beam weapons. Besides the cannons, the CGUE DEEP Arms's armaments include a heavy laser sword, a long physical sword with a laser edge, and the standard machine gun used by the original CGUE.
- JDP8-MSY0270 Directed Thermal Energy Cannon
- An experimental beam cannon, a pair of them are carried by the suit. They produce a lot of heat when fired and are cooled by powerful cooling systems which occupy more than half of the cannons' length. After every shot, coolant gas carrying the heat are released from the grey exhaust ports located at the sides. Due to this reliance on the coolant gas, the cannons cannot fire properly if only a small amount is left. Forced firing in such situation will cause a meltdown, destroying the cannons.
- NOL-Y941 Heavy Laser Sword
- A handheld melee weapon developed by ZAFT based on stolen Alliance data. Similar to the Sword Strike's Anti-ship Sword, it has a laser edge for cutting. It is stored in the left side skirt when not in use
- MMI-M7S 76mm Heavy Assault Machine Gun
- The standard handheld machine gun carried by CGUE and DINN. It is an improved version of GINN's machine Gun and fires a type of armor piercing round designated "APSV," but is incapable of dealing significant damage to enemies protected by Phase Shift armor.
After the capture of four Earth Alliance prototype mobile suits, several CGUEs were modified with the new beam weapon technology derived from the stolen suits. These units were redesignated YFX-200 CGUE DEEP Arms (with DEEP standing for Directional Energy Emission exPerimental). One CGUE DEEP Arms was piloted by ZAFT ace Shiho Hahnenfuss of the Joule Squadron, who continued to use the suit even after the introduction of the ZGMF-600 GuAIZ rendered it obsolete - this may have been due to her personal connection with the unit as she wanted to fine tune the CGUE DEEP Arms' systems to run the beam cannons properly. During the Second Battle of Jachin Due, Shiho fought against Rena Imelia in her GAT/A-01E2 Buster Dagger. She later took part in a ZAFT mission shortly before the signing of the Treaty of Junius in South America, to prevent the EA from taking total control of the country. Shiho eventually abandoned the outdated CGUE DEEP Arms in favor for a more advanced ZAKU.
In one of the Gundam Seed Astray promotional video, a CGUE DEEP Arms was dispatched to retrieve the severed head of TMF/TR-2 BuCUE Tactical Reconnaissance Type from Lowe Guele. It is unknown if this unit is piloted by Shiho.