Technology & Combat Characteristics
An experimental mobile suit that makes use of the Photon Frame. The glowing lights all over its body are Photon Batteries. The G-Self can also release excess Photon energy when needed. Without any backpacks, it can fly/hover for 45 seconds within Earth's atmosphere.
- Head Vulcan
- Beam Saber
- Beam Rifle
- G-Self has used two different beam rifle models. The original one made by Towasanga and a new one made by the Amerian Army. The Towasanga's model is more powerful, but the Amerian model is easier to maintain.
- G-Self uses three shields throughout the story. The original one made by Towasanga, another one made by Amerian Army, and a third made by Venus Globe along with the Perfect Pack. Although Amerian model is cheaper, Towasangan model has built-in vulcan guns, sliding beam absorbing reflectors, and is capable of generating a photon shield to protect allies.
Special Equipment and Features
A mobile suit built by Towasanga, the YG-111 is actually made according to Rose of Hermes' blueprint belonging to the House of Rayhunton. Although Lorucca Biskes and Miraji Barbaros successfully make a prefect machine according to the blueprint, even they don't fully understand its function. As YG-111 loss to the Moran in a competition, only a single prototype exist and it was used for an Earth survey mission with Raraiya Akuparl assigned as its pilot. However, the Rayhunton loyalists install Rayhunton Code, the biological data of Rayhunton's two missing children, to YG-111 and gave it a secret mission to locate and protect them.
Notes and Trivia
- The G-Self has the same head height as the original RX-78-2 Gundam.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 High Grade 1/144 YG-111 Gundam G-Self model kit manual
- ↑ Gundam Reconguista in G Episode 5
- ↑ Gundam Reconguista in G Episode 16
- ↑ Gundam Reconguista in G Episode 15
- ↑ Gundam Reconguista in G Episode 13