Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The YMS-09J Dom is a high mobility prototype designed to improve the hovering performance of the MS-09B Dom. It features technology derived from the development data of the MS-07H Gouf Flight Test Type. It is equipped with a jet propulsion backpack with movable stabilizers and built-in thrusters.
Designed for high speed combat, the Dom High Speed Experimental Type mounts the Heat Lancer, an innovative weapon based on the Heat Hawk, originally intended for use in the next generation of Zeonic Weapons. Beam weapon technology removed the need for this new weapon.
The Dom High Speed Experimental Type main advantages were its speed, agility, and maneuverability. It had massive legs and a "skirt," under which were several high-powered thermonuclear jet engines that made the Dom hover over the ground. These gave it a 240 kilometer per hour hovering speed, which far surpassed the Gouf's running speed of only 99 kilometers per hour.
- Heat Lancer
- A experimental, collapsible heat-based polearm weapon that is designed to replace the Heat Hawk of the older generation Zeonic Mobile Suits. Originally intended to be used in the next generation of heavy Zeonic Mobile Suits to increase melee combat range, it was removed in the designs because Zeon started the development of beam weapons.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- The scattering beam gun is a beam weapon mounted in the left side of the Dom's chest. As an offensive weapon the scattering beam gun is completely incapable of damaging an enemy machine. The likely reason is that the scattering beam gun has a very cheap and small focusing coil, even more so than the beam spray gun used by the RGM-79 GM, which causes the mega-particles of the beam to lose all cohesion. Though it cannot do any damage it does produce a bright light that is capable of momentarily blinding eyes and visual sensors.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- For the Dom's 'hit hard and hit fast' attack philosophy, it was given a magazine-fed 360mm giant bazooka with a ten round mag as its main weapon. The bazooka is capable of destroying mobile suits in a single hit, and can also inflict heavy damage to warships.
- MMP-80/90mm Ver.8 Machine Gun
- As part of the United Maintenance Plan new weapons were produced that could be used by numerous mobile suits such as the MMP-80 90mm machine gun. The machine gun is magazine-fed with 32 rounds per mag with extra magazines stored on the waist armor.
Unit 1 was wrecked when it overturned during an experiment due to body balance issues. Unit 2 was equipped with leg-mounted air brakes and extended stabilizers to address these problems. As a result of these improvements, the Dom High Mobility Prototype achieved a 140% increase in maximum speed compared to the standard Dom.
Experiments were mainly conducted in Northern Europe, with nine units being produced and deployed without being formally adopted due to the intensified fight in the European front. After the end of the One Year War, a single desert-camouflaged unit was confirmed to be operated by the African Liberation Front.