Technology and Combat Characteristics
Under Zeon's United Maintenance Plan, the MS-09R Rick Dom is being developed into MS-09R-2 Rick Dom II to facilitate efficient mobile suit production. The YMS-09R-2 is the prototype version of Rick Dom II, and it shares many exterior similarities with MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen.
- Scattering Beam Gun
- A chest mounted beam weapon. The scattering beam gun inflicts little damage to enemy mobile suits but can be used to blind enemy pilots for several seconds.
- Heat Saber
- Stored on the backpack when not in use, this weapon bears a strong resemblance to the beam sabers used by Earth Federation mobile suits, however it still relies on the older technology of using thermal energy to superheat a metal blade, allowing it to melt through the armor of an enemy machine at high speed.
- MMP-80/90mm Ver.8 Machine Gun
- As part of the United Maintenance Plan new weapons were produced that could be used by numerous mobile suits such as the MMP-80 90mm machine gun. The machine gun is magazine-fed with 32 rounds per magazine.
- 360mm Giant Bazooka
- The same Giant Bazooka used by the Dom series of mobile suits. The bazooka is magazine fed and holds 10 rounds per magazine, and a single round can blow the torso off of an enemy mobile suit.
- 880mm RB-T27 Raketen Bazooka
- A new heavy bazooka which features powerful rocket-propelled rounds, and improved targeting sensor with protective cover for aiming. The bazooka is clip-fed and can hold 5 rounds per clip. Spare clips can be stored on optional storage racks.
- Sturm Faust
- An explosive weapon with a rocket propelled warhead, it was designed before the beginning of the One Year War as an anti-ship weapon. Useful both in space and under gravity, it was mainly deployed for anti-ship attacks during the early days of the war. The Sturm Faust likely made a good anti-mobile suit weapon during the latter days of the war, as Zeon mobile suits could be equipped with both a Sturm Faust and a more typical ranged weapon for greater versatility. As a non-guided weapon, it is difficult to hit targets with high mobility.
After various testings were completed, a lone unit of Prototype Rick-Dom Zwei was stored inside the dock of space fortress A Baoa Qu. In the final days of One Year War, the Prototype Rick-Dom Zwei was stationed aboard Gwazine-class Gwaden, the flagship of Colonel Aiguille Delaz. In Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory OVA, the YMS-09R-2 served as a reserve suit for Zeon ace pilot Captain Anavel Gato in place of his customized MS-14A Gelgoog unit. During the events in Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Rebellion manga and Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Mayfly of Space 2 picture drama, Gato piloted the Prototype Rick-Dom Zwei to stop an enraged Cima Garahau's pursuit against her superior Col. Asakura during Delaz Fleet's retreat from A Baoa Qu at the conclusion of One Year War.
Notes and Trivia