Technology and Combat Characteristics
The ZGMF-1017 GINN Elijah Kiel Custom is a customized ZGMF-1017 GINN used by Serpent Tail mercenary Elijah Kiel. There is only minimal customization that separated Elijah Kiel's GINN from its stock brothers, with the only true difference being the "Buster Sword" head fin, which serve as a last resort weapon, and its distinctive bright blue paint scheme. After the battle against Gud Vair, parts were salvaged from the destroyed Gud's custom GINN and used to repair Elijah's damaged GINN, resulting in its outward appearance changing to a mix of red and blue. As Gud Vair is a friend of Elijah, the repaired GINN thus holds great sentimental value and this is why he continues to pilot it even as it became greatly outdated. Weapons wise, Elijah's GINN has been shown to use the heavy blade, machine gun, recoilless rifle and occasionally, the leg-mounted "Pardus" missile launchers.
- Buster Sword" Head Fin
- A sharp blade mounted on the head, it serves as the suit's last resort weapon and can only be used in melee combat. The GINN's head has to turn 180 degrees before this weapon can be used.
- MA-M3 Heavy Blade
- The MA-M3 heavy blade is a sword and the standard close range armament of the GINN series of mobile suits. It is manufactured using molecular processing technology and has an appearance similar to an European broadsword, featuring a double-edged blade. The design of the blade relies on both its weight and the force of the attack to crush armor as much as it relies on its keenness to cut. When not in use, the blade is typically mounted on the left side of the waist.
- MMI-M8A3 76mm Heavy Assault Machine Gun
- The MMI-M8A3 76mm heavy assault machine gun is the standard ranged armament of the GINN series of mobile suits and has two firing modes, semi-auto and full-auto. The machine gun is magazine-fed and the GINN is capable of carrying extra magazines in case the first one runs out of ammunition. Because of its versatility and power, the MMI-M8A3 is the pilot's weapon of choice on almost any mission with the exception of anti-fortress combat. When not in use, the MMI-M8A3 is stored on a weapons mount on the back of the waist.
- M68 "Pardus" 3-barrel Short-Range Guided Missile Launcher
- M68 "Pardus" short-range guided missile launcher is a "D-Type" assault weapon more often used in attacking a base or fortress. They're mounted on the GINN's legs.
- M68 "Cattus" 500mm Recoilless Rifle
- The M68 "Cattus" 500mm recoilless rifle is a GINN armament that is similar in design to a bazooka, and can fire various types of rounds depending on the magazine used. The M68 "Cattus" 500mm recoilless rifle has greater range and firepower than the MMI-M8A3 76mm heavy assault machine gun but has less ammunition and a slower rate of fire. Elijah has a habit of using it together with the machine gun to trap and destroy enemy units.
Throughout the First Alliance-PLANT War, Elijah Kiel would use his custom GINN to support Gai Murakumo on missions. The unit would be involved in many missions such as the attempted destruction of the Astray mobile suits from the ruins of Heliopolis and the defense of Artemis. Sometime prior to the beginning of the Second Alliance-PLANT War, his GINN was badly damaged by Kaite Madigan, when he interrupted a battle between Kaite and Gai. Elijah then move on to the ZGMF-1001 ZAKU Elijah Kiel Custom.