ZGMF-1017 GINN Miguel Aiman Custom
|Developed from||ZGMF-1017 GINN|
|Known Pilots||Miguel Aiman|
|Head Height||21.43 meters70.308 ft |
|Standard Weight||78.5 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact Energy Battery|
|Pilot Accommodations||Cockpit in Chest|
Technology & Combat CharacteristicsEdit
A cutomised GINN used by Miguel Aiman, it features an orange paint job, a personal crest (a human skull above two long bones) as well as improved sensors and thrusters, resulting in a 20% increase in performance. Weapons wise, Miguel's GINN Miguel has the same armament used on a standard ZGMF-1017 GINN, but can carry an optional customised shield for extra defensive.
- MA-M3 Heavy Sword
- The MA-M3 heavy sword is the standard close range armament of the GINN series of mobile suits. In appearance the weapon is similar to a European broadsword, featuring a double-edged blade. The design of the sword relies on both its weight and the force of the attack to crush armor as much as it relies on its keenness to cut, and so far the design has proven highly effective against thin armor of the TS-MA2 Moebius. When not in use the sword is typically mounted on the left side of the waist.
- MMI-M8A3 76mm Heavy Assault Machine Gun
- The MMI-M8A3 76mm heavy assault machine gun is the standard ranged armament of the GINN series of mobile suits. As its name suggests the MMI-M8A3 is a mobile suit assault machine gun. The machine gun has multiple modes of fire, one rapid-fire and the other a single-fire mode that has more power. The machine gun is clip-fed and the GINN is capable of carrying extra clips in case the first runs out of ammunition. Because of its versatility and power the MMI-M8A3 is the pilot's weapon of choice on almost any mission with the exception of anti-fortress combat. When not in use the MMI-M8A3 is stored on a weapons mount on the back of the waist.
- A basic optional arm-mounted defense armament for many mobile suits. The shield is a thick sheet of armor designed to take severe punishment that would normally destroy a mobile suit. Since the introduction of beam weaponry, shields have been treated with an anti-beam coating allowing it to withstand several beam shots before the coating wears off. Typically physical shields can only take so much damage before they succumb to the pressure and break. A shield can be equipped to either arm of the GINN Miguel Aiman Custom in order to increase defense against both beam and physical attacks.
- M66 "Canus" Short-range Guided Missile Launcher
- The M66 "Canus" short-range guided missile launcher is a "D-Type" assault weapon more often used in attacking base or fortress. It is armed with 4 missiles, 2 externally mounted large missiles and 2 small missiles within the launcher. It is a handheld weapon and is often carried in pairs, one in each hand. The large missiles are slow and therefore unsuitable for combat against nimble targets that can easily avoid them.
- M68 "Pardus" 3-barrel Short-range Guided Missile Launcher
- M68 "Pardus" short-range guided missile launcher is another D-Type weapon and is mounted on the GINN's legs. Compared to the missiles carried by the M66 "Canus", the ones here can be considered to be medium size missiles. It is often used together with the M66 "Canus" but can also be used independently.
- M69 "Barrus" Heavy Ion Cannon
- The M69 "Barrus" heavy ion cannon is an early model mobile suit beam weapon and a D-Type weapon. The "Barrus" cannon is similar in size and power to a bazooka, requiring its own independent power pack to operate. Because of its size the cannon is somewhat unwieldy and is not ideal for combat against nimble opponents. Although its power is not to be underestimated, the firepower is only comparable to beam rifle.
- M68 "Cattus" 500mm Recoilless Rifle
- The M68 "Cattus" 500mm recoilless rifle is a standard GINN armament that is similar in design to a bazooka, though fires non-explosive rounds. The M68 "Cattus" 500mm recoilless rifle has greater range and firepower than the MMI-M8A3 76mm heavy assault machine gun but has less ammunition and a slower rate of fire. Typically the "Cattus" is reserved for larger more heavily armored targets such as battleships.
- Improved thrusters
- The GINN Miguel Aiman Custom was fitted with high-performance thrusters for propulsion purposes, hence Miguel has the nickname "Magic Bullet of Dust" because of his machine's great speed.
During the Bloody Valentine War ZAFT fielded its mass produced mobile suit, GINN, for the first time. Eventually, some ace pilots were allowed to modify their personal GINN. One of these pilots was Miguel Aiman, also known as the "Magic Bullet of Dusk", who painted his GINN in an orange color sheme and features improved sensors and thrusters. Miguel eventually uses his suit during several battles.
In January CE 71, Miguel was among the crew of the Nazca-class destroyer Vesalius, which was sent out to find out who is behind the destruction of several supply bases belonging to ZAFT. Eventually it is revealed that the person behind the attacks was Serpent Tail leader Gai Murakumo. This led to a battle between Miguel in his custom GINN and Gai in his ZGMF-1017 GINN Gai Murakumo Custom, which led to damage on Miguel's personal suit.
At the end of January, Miguel was among the ZAFT members infiltrating the neutral Orb colony Heliopolis to capture the prototype mobile suits developed by the Earth Alliance. Miguel eventually is forced to fight against the only suit not captured, the GAT-X105 Strike, piloted by Kira Yamato. Since his personal suit was still not repaired, Miguel had to use a standard GINN, which however was destroyed by Kira, resulting in Miguel's death. What happened to his personal suit remains unknown.