ZGMF-X11A Regenerate Gundam
|Developed from||YMF-X000A Dreadnought Gundam|
|First Seen||71 C.E.|
|Known Pilots||Ash Gray|
|Head Height||35.61 meters116.831 ft |
|Max Weight||198.02 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact Nuclear Fission Reactor|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only, cockpit in backpack|
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Regenerate differs drastically from other mobile suits at its time. The suit was derived primarily from the GAT-X303 Aegis, and like the Aegis can transform into a mobile armor attack mode. With a heigth of 35.61 meters it was also the largest mobile suit ever built until the appearance of the GFAS-X1 Destroy.
The the suit itself, the Regenerates armament is different from the other Gundam mobile suits produced by ZAFT at this time. While the other suits are equipped with a wide variety of weapons, the Regenerate only features a single hyper impulse beam cannon and four long beam swords.
- Beam swords
- For close combat the Regenerate is equipped with four MA-X200 beam swords which are mounted on each of the Gundam's limbs, similar to the beam sabers on the Aegis.
- Hyper impulse beam cannon
- The only beam cannon of the suit is the extremely powerful hyper impulse beam cannon, which is capable of destroying a space fortress with a single shot. When in mobile suit mode the cannon is carried in the MS' hand, while in MA mode it is mounted on the body of the unit.
Like the other Gundams produced by ZAFT, the Regenerate is equipped with Phase Shift armor as well as a N-Jammer Canceller, which counters the effects of the ubiquitous N-Jammers and allows these suits to be powered by nuclear reactors. This gives them almost limitless combat endurance, even with Phase Shift armor activated. Besides these technologies the Regenerate is also equipped with several rather unique features.
- Lightcraft system
- The Regenerate is equipped with lightwave pulse thrusters which function as a special propulsion system. When in mobile armor mode, the system allows the suit to absorb the energy fired by the GENESIS Alpha gamma-ray laser to travel at very high speeds. When travelling like this, the Regenerate is often mistaken for a ship because of its size.
- Regeneration system
- The reason why this Gundam is called Regenerate is because of its ability to "regenerate" himself in combat. The suit is made of several modular parts with a large number of spare parts being stored on the Regenerate's mothership. If the Gundam is damaged in battle, it can eject the damaged part and replace it with an intact unit sent from the ship.
- Detachable cockpit
- Another special equipment of the suit is the cockpit, which is mounted on the backpack of the unit and can detach itself from it. Since it is equipped with a pair of lightwave pulse thrusters similar to those on the METEORs, it can fly on its own. This allows the pilot to escape the destruction of his suit. Not only this, the cockpit is also capable of docking with another mobile suit and even take control of it if the suit has external connectors.
In mid CE 71, ZAFT creates a series of advanced mobile suits based on technology reverse-engineered from the captured Earth Alliance G Project suits. One of these suits is the ZGMF-X11A Regenerate which is the third of the series.
This mobile suit is piloted by deformed ZAFT Special Forces pilot Ash Gray, and is badly damaged in a battle against the MBF-P02 Astray Red Frame and the MBF-P03 Astray Blue Frame Second L . The battle ended with critical damage to Regenerate's control and thruster system, causing it to drift endlessly into Alliance space, where both it and its pilot, Ash Gray, is captured shortly after. After two years, remaining pieces of the Regenerate Gundam is used in the Proto-Savior, which give the Proto-Savior unlimited power due to it's nuclear reactor.
Regenerate's head crest displays the text "X-11A UNDICI", which means "Eleven" in Italian and is a reference to its model number, and the letter "A", referring to its nuclear power plant.