ZGMF-X12A Testament Gundam
|Model Number||ZGMF-X12A (ZAFT)
|Developed from||YMF-X000A Dreadnought Gundam|
|First Seen||71 C.E.|
|Known Pilots||Ash Gray|
|Head Height||17.71 meters58.104 ft |
|Max Weight||46.4 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Ultracompact Hyper-Deuterion Nuclear Reactor|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in cockpit in chest)|
|Armor||Variable Phase Shift Armor|
The ZGMF-X12A (RGX-00) Testament is a Mobile Suit developed by the ZAFT and later stolen by the Earth Alliance. It appears in the manga series Gundam SEED Destiny Astray and is piloted by Ash Gray and later by professional MS pilot, Kaite Madigan.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
The Testament is a prototype special operations mobile suit used by the Earth Alliance. The Testament was originally built by ZAFT and is designed to be able to use EA's Striker Packs, but was never fielded in combat by ZAFT as it was stolen by EA from GENESIS Alpha while ZGMF-X11A Regenerate Gundam is away on a mission. EA later gives it the model number, RGX-00, and modifies it to carry the Mirage Colloid Virus Spreader and developed for it the "Trikeros Kai" offense/defense system as well as the Divine Striker. The Testament bears a resemblance to the ZGMF-X12 Astray Out Frame, as the latter was built from spare parts of the former found in GENESIS Alpha by Junk Guild technician Lowe Guele.
The Testament's fixed armaments consist only of 2 waist-mounted beam sabers, 2 chest-mounted CIWS guns, and a pair of Mirage Colloid Virus Spreaders, derived from those of the NMS-X07PO Gel Finieto, which allow the Testament to infect the computers of nearby mobile suits with a virus and hijacks them. It is mainly used to erase away Testament's presence from other MS's sensors, rendering it "invisible", or to create images of Testament on the infected MS's sensors to confuse the enemy. This system is located in the two large horns on the Testament's head. In addition, the Testament can use the Trikeros Kai, a large shield which wraps around the right arm and mounts three claws, a beam gun, a retractable sword blade, and stores a pair of beam pistols. The Testament can also be equipped with the AQM/E-X05 Divine Striker, a Striker Pack with better flight capabilities than the Aile Striker, and is also capable of forming a giant grappling claw. The Testament can equip the older Striker Packs designed for the GAT-X105 Strike, and the MS itself along with Trikeros Kai and Divine Striker are equipped with Variable Phase Shift armor. After activation, Testament would turn from grey to white (mainly) but during close combat, it would turn from white to red.
- Like any ZAFT MS, the Testament has two chest-mounted "Igelstellung" CIWS guns
- Beam Saber
- The Testament is armed with two beam sabers. Though these are the main close combat weapons, they are only used in dire situations.
- Beam Pistol
- A pair of specialized Beam Pistols used to shoot down enemy mobile suits. Though however they have weaker power than the average beam rifle.
- Beam Gun/Revolver with bayonet
- A composite weapon used by mobile suits piloted by professional MS pilot, Kaite Madigan. It is a customised pistol that can switch between firing beam or solid rounds. It is equipped with a bayonet for close combat.
- "Trikeros Kai" Offensive/Defensive System
- A enhanced version of GAT-X207 Blitz's "Trikeros" Offensive/Defensive System developed by the EA. It's a large shield which wraps around the right arm and mounts three claws, a beam gun, a retractable sword blade, and stores a pair of beam pistols. It is also equipped with VPS armor.
Special Equipment & Features
- A system installed on the Testament Gundam after it was stolen by the Earth Alliance. This allows Testament to infect quantum computers of enemy mobile suits and certain machines with a virus and hijacks them.
- AQM/E-X05 Divine Striker
- A Striker Pack which serves as a high-mobility flight system similar to the Aile Striker but with improved performances, and is capable of forming a giant grappling claw. It is also equipped with VPS armor.
- Operating System
- Since the Testament uses the same cockpit interface as the ZGMF-X10A Freedom, the unit may have used the Generation Unsubdued Nuclear Drive Assault Module complex operating system.
Testament's first known appearance comes during the "Break the World" terrorist attack, during which its masked pilot Ash Gray (a former ZAFT pilot who pilots the ZGMF-X11A Regenerate, but is captured and brainwashed by EA) interferes in the attempts of the Junk Guild, Serpent Tail, Rondo Mina Sahaku, and Astray Out Frame pilot Jess Rabble to push the remains of Junius Seven off course using GENESIS Alpha. Ash severely cripples Out Frame and damages the MBF-P01-Re2<AMATU> Astray Gold Frame Amatu, but is driven off by a beam blast from ReHOME. Out Frame is then rebuilt as the ZGMF-X12D Out Frame D, which is largely indentical to Testament aside from the head, chest, and lack of VPS armor. Piloted by professional MS pilot, Kaite Madigan and co-piloted by Jess, Out Frame D defeats Testament, and Ash commits suicide by opening the cockpit hatch with his helmet removed, exposing himself to the vacuum of space. Afterward, Kaite adds Testament to his collection of mobile suits, equipping it with his beam gun/revolver and modifying the VPS to include his personal white cross emblem.
- ZGMF-X12A+AQM/E-X01 (RGX-00+AQM/E-X01) Aile Testament
- ZGMF-X12A+AQM/E-X02 (RGX-00+AQM/E-X02) Sword Testament
- ZGMF-X12A+AQM/E-X05 (RGX-00+AQM/E-X05) Divine Testament
Notes & Trivia
- Testament's head crest displays the text "X-12A DODICI", which means "Twelve" in Italian and is a reference to its model number, and the letter "A", referring to its nuclear power plant.
- ZGMF-X12A Testament on MAHQ
- ZGMF-X12A+AQM/E-X01 Aile Testament on MAHQ
- ZGMF-X12A+AQM/E-X02 Sword Testament on MAHQ
- ZGMF-X12A+AQM/E-X05 Divine Testament on MAHQ