The ZM-S08GC Zolo Kai is a fictional mobile weapon from the Mobile Suit Victory Gundam anime.
Technology and Combat Characteristics
The ZM-S08GC Zolo Kai is a unique variant of the ZM-S08G Zolo mobile suit. In terms of physical features, technology and combat characteristics the Zolo Kai is almost identical to the standard Zolo. The one exception is the sensor scope mounted over the Zolo Kai's left eye. The sensor scope, as its name implies, improves the Zolo Kai's sensor range. The sensor scope also improves the camera's ability to zoom in on a target, allowing the Zolo Kai to snipe targets from a distance.
- Beam Rotor
- The beam rotor is a new technology developed by BESPA that is based on a combination of beam saber and beam shield technologies. The beam rotor equipment emits several beam sabers in the form of rotors that are then spun at high speed. This can be used to generate a lifting phenomena similar to that created by Minovsky craft system, that when combined with the mobile suit's thrusters allows for improved flight. When the rotors are spinning they can be used to defend the mobile suit in a fashion similar to beam shield, or as a melee weapon to cut into the enemy.
- The Zolo can mount up to three beam rotors on hardpoints on the left and right arm and the mobile suit's back. However the Zolo is typically only equipped with two. One on the back for use with the top terminal, and one on the left arm for use in mobile suit mode.
- Beam Saber
- Standard melee combat weapon that uses high energy plasma contained by an I-field to form a blade. Hand-carried when in use. Stored in recharge racks when not in use, the location of which are unknown.
- Vulcan Gun
- The Vulcan gun is a multi-barrel machine gun mounted mounted under the nose of the top terminal. Similar to mobile suit-used Vulcan guns of the past the weapon has a relatively small caliber, making it unsuitable for use against mobile suits. It is better used against lightly armored targets such as aircraft, transport truck, or soldiers. The Vulcan gun can only be used when the top terminal is separated from the bottom terminal.
- Beam Rifle
- A standard rang-type weapon employed by almost all mobile suits, though with many differing models, that fires beams of condensed mega particles. The mega particles are pre-condensed and stored in an e-pac that can be replaced mid-battle if the one in use runs out of energy.
- Beam Bazooka
- Gatling Cannon
- 9-tube Missile Launchers
- The Top Terminal can be equipped with a pair of wing-mounted 9-tube missile launchers that can launch air-to-air or air-to-ground missiles.
Special Equipment & Features
- Transformation/Docking System
The ZM-S08G Zolo Kai was used during the Zanscare Empire's war against the Earth Federation in the year UC 0153. One unit was assigned to the Kassarelia area, an area near the town of Woowig where spacenoids that have illegally immigrated to Earth reside, and was piloted by Mathis Walker. Like the regular ZM-S08G Zolo forces in the area the Zolo Kai was assigned to hunt down and destroy the League Militaire in the area. However the Zolo Kai would be destroyed by the LM314V21 Victory 2 Gundam.