Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The ZM-S14S Contio is a mobile suit that appears in Mobile Suit Victory Gundam.
Technology and combat characteristics
The ZM-S14S Contio is one of the last mass production mobile suits produced by BESPA for the Zanscare Empire's use. It is slightly larger and heavier than the other mass production models the Empire used but the design offsets this by possessing greater firepower and speed. Like many of the Empire's mobile suits, the Contio is generally superior to the RGM-122 Javelin.
Aside from being equipped with the usual beam rifle and beam shield the Contio possesses three fire-linked beam guns forward mounted in the torso as well as a pair of innovative shot claw weapons. The shot claw, one mounted on each shoulder, is a large claw grappling weapon that can be used as a launch-and-retrieve weapon that is guided by wires. The shot claw also contains a built-in gun/beam saber. The beam saber possesses two modes. When the claw is closed it forms a normal beam saber weapon, but when the claw is open it produces a set of small claw like beam blades.
Because of the location of the torso mounted beam guns the cockpit hatch is located behind the head.
- Beam Saber
- The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating.
- Beam Shield
- A new protective device first used by the mobile suits of the U.C. 0120 era. Thanks to their increased generator output, the scaled-down mobile suits of this era are able to use beam technology for defensive purposes. Unlike an I-field generator, which is effective only against beam attacks, the beam shield blocks both beam and projectile weapons. The beam shield generates a plane of energy similar to the blade of a beam saber. This plane is divided into multiple sections, which can be turned on or off as needed to conserve energy. Individual sections are also automatically deactivated whenever they're in danger of coming into contact with the mobile suit itself.
- The Contio's beam shield is mounted on the left forearm.
- Beam Gun
- The ZM-S14S Contio is armed with three fire-linked beam guns mounted in the chest.
- Shot Claw
- Beam Gun/Beam Saber
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it. One of the more effective methods of blocking a beam rifle is to use a beam shield.
The ZM-S14S Contio was introduced in the year UC 0153 during the latter days of the war. The prototype version is piloted by Zanscare ace Cronicle Asher. Though it was a powerful mobile suit, BESPA engineers designed and built a next-generation variant, the more powerful ZMT-S34S Rig Contio, also piloted by Cronicle Asher.