ZM-S22G Imperial Rig Shokew
|Developed from||ZM-S22S Rig Shokew|
|First Seen||0153 U.C.|
|Last Seen||0153 U.C.|
|Manufacturer||Ballistic Equipment & Space Patrol Armory|
|Known Pilots||Kishowl Bagwatt|
|Head Height||15.9 meters52.165 ft |
|Max Weight||18.5 metric tons|
|Standard Weight||8.2 metric tons|
|Power-plant||Minovsky Ultracompact Fusion Reactor|
|Power Output||5960 kW7,992.491 hp|
|Pilot Accommodations||Pilot only (in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso)|
|Armor||High-Titanium Alloy/Neo-Ceramic Composite|
|Max Acceleration||4.20 G|
|Rocket Thrusters||3 x 15540 kg34,259.826 lb |
Technology and Combat Characteristics
The ZM-S22SC Imperial Rig Shokew is a limited production variant of the ZM-S22S Rig Shokew, utilized for defense in the vicinity around Angel Halo. Most of the unit is the same as a stock Rig Shokew, the notable difference being a shorter pair of shoulders to accommodate new weaponry. The right shoulder mounts a rack with a metal whip, which can be used for grappling and shocking, or twirled to block incoming beam attacks. Other than the original Beam Shield, the left shoulder can also mounts a large physical shield, capable of withstanding beam attacks as well. This shield also mounts a pair of fire-linked beam guns on the sides of its lower tip.
- 3-Barrel Beam String Emitter
- On the "horn" of the Imperial Rig Shokew mounts a 3-Barrel Beam String Emitter. Like its name suggest, it make I-Field "String" that used to restrain a enemy unit, or protect the MS from Missiles,... It even can cut through the enemies armor; though the limited length of the Beam String is a major flaw.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many MS is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures. Like most beam weapons of the period, Imperial Rig Shokew's Beam Rifle is powered by a replaceable energy cap. If the beam rifle runs out of energy, the current energy cap can be replaced by a new one.
- Beam Saber
- Another standard weapon of a MS. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. Imperial Rig Shokew is equipped with a pair of Beam Sabers; that when not in use, they a stored in a Rechargeable Rack.
- Beam Fan
- Oddly, the Imperial Rig Shokew is equipped with a pair of Beam Fan. Like its name suggest, it's just a Beam Saber that take shape of a fan. The use of Beam Fan probably came from the legend that Kunoichi (Female Ninja) used fans for combat. They are used as a weapon, a shield and a signalling tool.
- Metal Whip
- A Metal Whip is use to connects and disables an enemy with an electric charge rather than damaging them. The whip could also be used as a repelling line that could slow or even halt the descent of a falling Imperial Rig Shokew in the right conditions. And finally, Metal Whips can also act as a "shield" when the MS twirled it to block incoming beam attacks.
- Hand Beam Gun
- While most mobile suits feature a single large beam rifle, the Imperial Rig Shokew instead is equipped with two small Hand Beam Gun. Despite their small size, the guns are powerful enough to destroy an enemy unit with a single shot. When not in use, the guns are mounted on the hips of the unit.
- Beam Shield
- Like the original Rick Shokew, the Imperial version carries a Beam Shield on the left forearm. They can effectively block most beam and physical attacks, but fluctuate if the beam strike is too powerful. The Beam Shield can also use to ram into the enemies.
- The Imperial Rig Shokew can chose a Physical Shield to replace the Beam Shield. While not as durable as the Beam Shield, it still capable of withstanding beam attacks as well. Also, it possesses minor offensive capabilities as it is built with two fire-linked Beam Gun.
- Beam Gun
- Mounts on the lower tip of the Imperial Rig Shokew's Shield is a pair of fire-linked Beam Gun. These weapons serve a defensive role, and are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
Special Equipment & Features
- Just like the original Rig Shokew, two Hardpoints is located at the back and two at the leg of the Imperial Rig Shokew. With these Hardpoints, this Mobile Suit can mounts extra weapon to fulfill specific combat roles with maximum efficiency, thus making the Imperial Rig Shokew a very versatile Mobile Suit.
A number of Imperial Rig Shokews were stationed in and around Angel Halo as it neared completion. Four were assigned to an envoy team under Lt. Kishowl Bagwatt, who encountered the disguised White Ark as it tried to sneak into the fortress. Though the initial deception was successful, Queen Maria soon sensed the proximity of her daughter Shakti, one of the White Ark's crew. The Kishowl Team launched in search of the intruders, and found the White Ark crew in the midst of planting explosives. In the ensuing skirmish, one of the Imperial Rig Shokews was destroyed, and Kishowl was captured.
He would soon be freed by Shakti on the condition that he take her to her mother. Kishowl agreed and used her as a hostage to reclaim his mobile suit. The White Ark gave chase, but were soon met by the surviving Kishowl Team members and Fuala Griffon's ZMT-S28S Gengaozoa. Leading the Zanscare squad was Karinga Voegel, Kisharl's subordinate (and fiance) who believed him to have died in the previous battle. The minovsky levels in the area prevented Kishowl from radioing Karinga about his situation, forcing him to defend against her vengeful attacks. He finally ejected Shakti from the cockpit, determined to make Karinga realize who he was. Before he could, both Imperial Rig Shokews would end up impaling the other with a beam saber. Their pilots shared a final embrace, before dying in the resulting explosion.