Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Technology and Combat Characteristics
The ZM-S22SC Imperial Rig Shokew is a limited production variant of the ZM-S22S Rig Shokew, utilized for defense in the vicinity around Angel Halo. Most of the unit is the same as a stock Rig Shokew, the notable difference being a shorter pair of shoulders to accommodate new weaponry. The right shoulder mounts a rack with a metal whip, which can be used for grappling and shocking, or twirled to block incoming beam attacks. The left shoulder supplements the defense of the existing beam shield with a large physical shield, coated to withstand beam attacks. This shield also mounts a pair of fire-linked beam guns on the sides of its lower tip.
- Beam String Emitter
- The feet and "horn" of the Rig Shokew each mount a Beam String Emitter. Like its name suggests, it makes I-Field "Strings" that can be used to restrain an enemy unit, or protect the MS from Missiles. It can even cut through the enemies armor, though the effectiveness of this application is limited by the relatively short reach of the Beam Strings.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many MS is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures.
- Beam Saber
- Another standard weapon of a MS. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. When not in use, they are stored in recharge racks in the Rig Shokew's hips.
- Beam Fan
- In addition to the sabers, the Rig Shokew is equipped with a pair of Beam Fans. Like its name suggests, these are basically beam sabers with a shorter, far wider blade resembling a fan. The use of Beam Fan may have come from the legend that Kunoichi (Female Ninja) used fans for combat. They are used as a weapon, a shield, and a signalling tool.
- Hand Beam Gun
- While most mobile suits feature only a single large beam rifle, the Rig Shokew carries two additional small Hand Beam Guns. Despite their small size, the guns are powerful enough to destroy an enemy unit with a single shot.
- Metal Whip
- A Metal Whip is use to grapple and disable an enemy with an electric charge rather than damaging them. The whip could also be used as a repelling line that could slow or even halt the descent of a falling Imperial Rig Shokew in the right conditions. And finally, Metal Whips can also act as a "shield" when the MS twirled it to block incoming beam attacks.
- Beam Shield
- Like the original Rig Shokew, the Imperial version carries a Beam Shield on the left forearm. They can effectively block most beam and physical attacks, but fluctuate if the beam strike is too powerful. The Beam Shield can also use to ram into the enemies.
- The Imperial Rig Shokew further mounts a Physical Shield on the left shoulder. While not quite as durable as the Beam Shield, it still capable of withstanding beam attacks.
- Beam Gun
- Mounted on the lower tip of the Imperial Rig Shokew's Shield is a pair of fire-linked Beam Guns. These weapons serve a defensive role, and are ideal for shooting down small, fast moving, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
Special Equipment & Features
- Just like the original Rig Shokew, two Hardpoints is located at the back and two at the leg of the Imperial Rig Shokew. With these Hardpoints, this Mobile Suit can mount extra weapons to fulfill specific combat roles with maximum efficiency, thus making the Imperial Rig Shokew a very versatile Mobile Suit.
A number of Imperial Rig Shokews were stationed in and around Angel Halo as it neared completion. Four were assigned to an envoy team under Lt. Kishowl Bagwatt, who encountered the disguised White Ark as it tried to sneak into the fortress. Though the initial deception was successful, Queen Maria soon sensed the proximity of her daughter Shakti, one of the White Ark's crew. The Kishowl Team launched in search of the intruders, and found the White Ark crew in the midst of planting explosives. In the ensuing skirmish, one of the Imperial Rig Shokews was destroyed, and Kishowl was captured.
He would soon be freed by Shakti on the condition that he take her to her mother. Kishowl agreed and used her as a hostage to reclaim his mobile suit. The White Ark gave chase, but were soon met by the surviving Kishowl Team members and Fuala Griffon's ZMT-S28S Gengaozoa. Leading the Zanscare squad was Karinga Voegel, Kisharl's subordinate (and fiance) who believed him to have died in the previous battle. The minovsky levels in the area prevented Kishowl from radioing Karinga about his situation, forcing him to defend against her vengeful attacks. He finally ejected Shakti from the cockpit, determined to make Karinga realize who he was. Before he could, both Imperial Rig Shokews would end up impaling the other with a beam saber. Their pilots shared a final embrace, before dying in the resulting explosion.
Notes & Trivia
- The Imperial Rig Shokew's model number stands for Zanscare Mobile weapon Suit 22 Space Custom.
- Various publications have occasionally attributed other model numbers to both this machine and its predecessor, sometimes referring to both as ZM-S22S, or to both as ZM-S22G.