Technology and Combat Characteristics
A custom variant of the ZM-S22S Rig Shokew used by the Imperial Guards protecting Queen Maria. It is almost identical to the original Rig Shokew, except for added sensor on the forehead and shorter shoulder armor to accommodate new weaponry. The right shoulder stores a metal whip, which can be used for grappling and shocking, or twirled to block incoming beam attacks. The left shoulder mounts a large physical shield that contains a beam shield and a pair of beam guns.
- Beam String Emitter
- The feet and antenna of the suit each mount a Beam String Emitter. The Beam Strings released are actually luminated electromagnetic wires, that can be used to restrain an enemy unit, or protect the MS from missiles. It can even cut through the enemies armor, though the effectiveness of this application is limited by the relatively short reach of the Beam Strings.
- Beam Rifle
- The standard ranged armament of many MS is the beam rifle. The particle beam fired from a beam rifle can penetrate almost any armor that has not been treated with specific counter-measures.
- Beam Saber
- Another standard weapon of a MS. The beam saber is a small cylindrical device held in the mobile suit's hands when operated and is powered by an energy capacitor that is recharged from special racks. The beam saber is capable of cutting through any metal that has not been treated with anti-beam coating. When not in use, they are stored in recharge racks in the Rig Shokew for Imperial Guard's hips.
- Beam Fan
- In addition to the sabers, the Rig Shokew for Imperial Guard is also equipped with a pair of Beam Fans. These are basically beam sabers with a shorter, far wider blade resembling a fan. They are used as a weapon, a shield, and a signalling tool.
- Hand Beam Gun
- Besides the beam rifle, the Rig Shokew for Imperial Guard can also carry two hand beam guns. Despite their small size, the guns are powerful enough to destroy an enemy unit with a single shot. Mounted on the hardpoints when not in use.
- Metal Whip
- Stored on the right shoulder armor, this handheld weapon is use to grapple and disable an enemy with an electric charge. It could also be used as a repelling line that could slow or even halt the descent of a falling Rig Shokew for Imperial Guard in the right conditions. It can also act as a "shield" when the MS twirled it to block incoming beam attacks.
- Mounted on the left shoulder, it has anti-beam coating to withstand beam attacks.
- Beam Shield
- A beam shield is mounted on the physical shield. It can effectively block most beam and physical attacks, but fluctuate if the beam strike is too powerful.
- Beam Gun
- Mounted on the lower tip of the Shield is a pair of Beam Guns. These weapons serve a defensive role, and are ideal for shooting down small, lightly armored targets such as missiles or small vehicles.
Special Equipment & Features
- Just like the original Rig Shokew, two Hardpoints is located at the back and two at the leg. With these Hardpoints, extra weapons can be mounted to fulfill specific combat roles with maximum efficiency, thus making the Rig Shokew for Imperial Guard a very versatile Mobile Suit.
A number of Rig Shokew for Imperial Guard were stationed in and around Angel Halo as it neared completion. Four were assigned to an envoy team under Lt. Kishowl Bagwatt, who encountered the disguised White Ark as it tried to sneak into the fortress. Though the initial deception was successful, Queen Maria soon sensed the proximity of her daughter Shakti, one of the White Ark's crew. The Kishowl Team launched in search of the intruders, and found the White Ark crew in the midst of planting explosives. In the ensuing skirmish, one of the Rig Shokew for Imperial Guards was destroyed, and Kishowl was captured.
He would soon be freed by Shakti on the condition that he take her to her mother. Kishowl agreed and used her as a hostage to reclaim his mobile suit. The White Ark gave chase, but were soon met by the surviving Kishowl Team members and Fuala Griffon's ZMT-S28S Gengaozoa. Leading the Zanscare squad was Karinga Voegel, Kisharl's subordinate (and fiance) who believed him to have died in the previous battle. The minovsky levels in the area prevented Kishowl from radioing Karinga about his situation, forcing him to defend against her vengeful attacks. He finally ejected Shakti from the cockpit, determined to make Karinga realize who he was. Before he could, both Rig Shokew for Imperial Guards end up impaling the other with a beam saber. Their pilots shared a final embrace, before dying in the resulting explosion.
Notes & Trivia
- Various publications have occasionally attributed other model numbers to both this machine and its predecessor, sometimes referring to both as ZM-S22S, or to both as ZM-S22G.