The ZMT-S12G Godzorla is a fictional mobile suit from the Mobile Suit Victory Gundam anime.
Technology and Combat Characteristics
The ZMT-S12G Godzorla is an experimental reconnaissance type mobile suit designed as testbed for land-based MS. The most unusual feature of the Godzorla is that its head does not follow the usual design employed by BESPA. Instead its head sensors are built into a multi-segmented lens arrangement and make it better at collecting data. The construction of Godzorla is derived from ZMT-S12G Shokew (note the similar arm design).
The Godzorla has a pair of Vulcan guns mounted in its head that are used for anti-air defense. It also possesses a pair of 9-tube multi-launchers built into its thighs, each tube holding nine missiles, that can be used to bombard targets. There are a pair of beam guns mounted in the chest compartments that can be fired in tandem with the Godzorla's beam rifle, creating a barrage of beams that could destroy all but the most agile targets. The beam guns can also be removed from their compartments to be used as beam sabers for melee combat. Finally, the Godzorla utilizes a new model of beam rotor, with three emitting ports instead of the four-port models used by the Shokew and Zolo, which consume less energy when in use.
- Vulcan Gun
- The Godzorla mounts 2 Vulcan guns in its head. These small multi-barrel machine guns are not particularly effective against heavy armor targets such as mobile suits, but hare highly effective against smaller, faster, and more lightly armored targets such as small land vehicles or missiles.
- Beam Rotor/Shield
- The beam rotor is a new technology developed by BESPA that is based on a combination of beam saber and beam shield technologies. The beam rotor equipment emits several beam sabers in the form of rotors that are then spun at high speed. This can be used to generate a lifting phenomena similar to that created by Minovsky craft system, that when combined with the mobile suit's thrusters allows for improved flight. When the rotors are spinning they can be used to defend the mobile suit in a fashion similar to beam shield, or as a melee weapon to cut into the enemy.
- The Godzorla mounts a single beam rotor on the left arm.
- Beam Gun/Beam Saber
- For mid-close range combat the Godzorla is equipped with a pair of beam guns. The beam guns also function as beam sabers for melee combat.
- 9-tube Multi-Launcher
- Beam Rifle
- A standard hand carried ranged beam weapon is the beam rifle. Capable of firing concentrated mega particles, attacks from a beam rifle can damage any ordinary armor that has not been specially treated to resist it. One of the more effective methods of blocking a beam rifle is to use a beam shield.
In the year UC 0153 a single ZMT-S13G Godzorla unit was built at a Zanscare Empire military base in Europe where the Godzorla was to undertake field testing. This unit was taken by an injured Gary Tan, after he was informed of the death of Lyole Sabat and his squadron. Yellow Jackets commander Fuala Griffon allowed this action understanding that Tan desired revenge and believing it would fuel him to victory. Or at least provide the data they needed from the Godzorla test unit.
As Gary Tan flew in search of the League Militaire's base, Cronicle Asher, who had infiltrated the secret factory, fired a signal flare to alert the Godzorla of his position. The Godzorla than engaged the factory's ground defenses, which were inadequate against the mobile suit.
Uso Ewin launched in the Core Fighter and engaged the Godzorla, however its Vulcan guns could not damage the Godzorla's beam shield, nor could the mobile suit hit the agile craft. The Top Fighter was launched second and docked with the Core Fighter, and armed with the beam rifle it forced the Godzorla on the defensive. Then the Bottom Fighter was launched and docked with the Top Fighter and completing the LM312V04 Victory Gundam. The Two mobile suits engaged in an aerial battle, first trading beam shots but then moving into melee combat with beam sabers.
The Godzorla forced the Victory Gundam to the ground where one of its chest mounted beam guns managed to hit the right foot. Eager for blood Gary Tan charged with his beam saber, hitting the Victory Gundam's right shoulder and cutting it off. At the same time the Victory Gundam's beam saber hit the Godzorla's waist and cut through it. In its death throes the Godzorla also cut off the Victory Gundam's left forearm.
The Godzorla survived in two pieces and Gary Tan was captured, more injured than before but still alive. However the League Militaire could not take the time to study the Godzorla as they were aware that the Zanscare Empire knew their position and they had to move out.