The ZMT-S37S Zanspine is a mobile suit fielded by the Zanscare Empire of Mobile Suit Victory Gundam. Though it never appeared in the anime, it is one of the many MSV seen in the SD Gundam G Generation series.
Technology & Combat Characteristics
Developed near the end of the Zanscare War, the Zanspine was the testbed for the Minovsky Drive technology which had been captured from the League Militaire. Under the supervision of Tassilo Vago, the Zanspine would have been Zanscare's strongest mobile suit. With its Minovsky Drive operating similarly to that of the Victory 2, the Zanspine had incredible speed and mobility, as well as the ability to generate the "Wings of Light" that the V2 Gundam is known for. Two of the three beam wing generators could be detached from the back and used as giant beam fans. Additionally, the Zanspine featured a psycommu system that allowed it to make all-range attacks with its powerful tinkle bits. The rest of its armaments include a standard beam rifle, beam string emitters, and a pair of beam shields. With its combination of weapons and features, the Zanspine was superior to the V2 Gundam in terms of combat ability.
- Beam Shield
- The Zanspine is equipped with a pair of beam shield emitters, one on each shoulder, and can cover the entire body by adjusting the surface.
- Beam Fan
- The Zanspine is outfitted with two Beam Fans. Both of these weapons double as the part of the Zanspine's Minovsky Drive system.
- Beam Rifle
- Like many units, the Zanspine can utilize a Beam Rifle.
- Beam Strings
- The Zanspine is outfitted with two sets of four Beam String launchers, capable of binding and cutting through enemy targets.
- Tinkle Bits
- The most interesting weapon used on the Zanspine is the Tinkle Bit. With the Zanspine outfitted with a psycommu system, the unit is given four bit weapons, which are deployed through the unit's shoulders. Each Tinkle Bit is equipped with its own beam cannon.
Special Equipment & Features
- Psycommu System
- Minovsky Drive System
- Like the LM314V21 Victory 2 Gundam, the Zanspine is outfitted with 3 Minovsky Drive Thrusters instead of 2 which can be used as a powerful cutting weapon and a massive beam shield to protect others as well as allow the unit to fly. When the system is utilized, it gives the unit the illusion of having a majestic set of wings and a tail.
The Zanspine is supposed to be deployed during the Battle of the Angel Halo. Unfortunately for Zanscare, Tassilo was killed in action and the war ended just after the Zanspine was completed, meaning it was never deployed. It is speculated that had it seen action, the Zanspine would have become the new symbol of the Zanscare Empire. It was later captured by the Earth Federation and is currently using some of its features for their own moblie suits.